Redcat Blackout XTE final bash before i strip it video.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Since i swapped in a 3S BL motor and ESC i robbed from a Hobby King Quanam Vandal (10BL50 Hobby Wing ESC and 3650 3250KV motor), everytime i run this on 3S something new breaks, and, since i have several other more durable vehicles, i figured i would beat it as hard as i could one last time before i strip it and film it. Not, it isnt the best video, since i admit I'm not that good at it, but if anyones interested, here it is:

Cool video, you don't have to be good at it to have fun. I'm lousy at it but I have fun.

Cool video, you don't have to be good at it to have fun. I'm lousy at it but I have fun.
All of the hard thrashing on this one was done on purpose, simply because i was going to replace it, but, even after all that, the truck is only gonna cost around $20 to fix, and, as long as i keep it off 3S, its actually pretty durable, so, I'm just gonna fix it and let my wife and nephews beat on it.

I've discovered they break more when you try not to break it...:D

Its definitely not if you break it, its when...

Since i swapped in a 3S BL motor and ESC i robbed from a Hobby King Quanam Vandal (10BL50 Hobby Wing ESC and 3650 3250KV motor), everytime i run this on 3S something new breaks, and, since i have several other more durable vehicles, i figured i would beat it as hard as i could one last time before i strip it and film it. Not, it isnt the best video, since i admit I'm not that good at it, but if anyones interested, here it is:

That was a pretty good beating ,especially with out a body ,love beat vids!....LOL

I am surprised that you did not break the ESC ,normally ,you would want the electronics protected though!
But anyway ,great uncut vids are the best!...:thumbs-up:

That was a pretty good beating ,especially with out a body ,love beat vids!....LOL

I am surprised that you did not break the ESC ,normally ,you would want the electronics protected though!
But anyway ,great uncut vids are the best!...:thumbs-up:
The ESC was originally protected, since it sits inside a closed box on the Blackout. Even though it did come out of the box its in, I'm now running it in a DHK Hunter, and haven't had any issues with it yet. Today i even had the Hunter out in the snow and cold, and blasted through 2 2S packs in it without a glitch. The Blackout took that beating really well too. I was originally going to just strip it, since it kept breaking on 3S, but, all it ultimately broke in that video was the rear bumper and upper diff case, so now I'm going to fix it, and convert it to 2WD, and beat on it in the snow all winter, but only on 2S.