Recommended RC Boat Parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lnagel

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to build an RC airboat. I hear they can be quite loud. Is there a way I can make it quieter? I am also wondering what a good motor would be? I don't need it to go very fast, but I want it to have quite a bit of power. Thanks for the help!

I am trying to build an RC airboat. I hear they can be quite loud. Is there a way I can make it quieter? I am also wondering what a good motor would be? I don't need it to go very fast, but I want it to have quite a bit of power. Thanks for the help!
Are we planning some covert ops with it? 😜

The KV for the motor needed is going to depend on the props you use, and the number of cells you plan to run. Also, what size boat? That will be a big factor. This is a bit out of my comfort zone to make a recommendation since I have no experience with air boats. But I just wanted to chime in to say you need to provide more info here. Maybe @tntpoof might have some ideas after you give some more information. Pics might be helpful.

Are we planning some covert ops with it? 😜

The KV for the motor needed is going to depend on the props you use, and the number of cells you plan to run. Also, what size boat? That will be a big factor. This is a bit out of my comfort zone to make a recommendation since I have no experience with air boats. But I just wanted to chime in to say you need to provide more info here. Maybe @tntpoof might have some ideas after you give some more information. Pics might be helpful.
The boat will be about 30" x 12". I was thinking of use a 3 or 4 blade prop.