Rebuilt shock help tc3 nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

street silence

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I can’t seem to take out the white plastic round thing on my team associated tc3
image.jpg

I looked at the manual but no luck removing it pls help

looks to me like the shock cap is some what still there is it broken off . shock inside should be smooth .

There should be a small c clip holding the piston (white plastic round thing) to the shock shaft. You'll need to remove that clip and the piston will then slide off the shaft.
I removed the clip but the white round part won’t come off in the manual it says to remove this part but I’m not sure if I need to brake it off

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 42
  • 8F131B15-C4BD-48A5-AAA3-F5629E8006F8.jpeg
    8F131B15-C4BD-48A5-AAA3-F5629E8006F8.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 47
looks to me like the shock cap is some what still there is it broken off . shock inside should be smooth .
I removed the clip that was holding this part but it still on there

Attachments

• 8DDE3394-2669-4986-BBEC-3B5BA412CB5C.jpeg
    8DDE3394-2669-4986-BBEC-3B5BA412CB5C.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 39
I got it thanks guys. It might of been just the oil getting it from sliding out

Just finished two, man it took me a good minute but the next two on the right will be much easier I hope when they get hear from Russia

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 40
I can’t seem to take out the white plastic round thing on my team associated tc3 View attachment 126506
There is a C clip holding the shock piston on. Use a small flat head screw driver to remove. It will be tricky. Or just remove the shock ball end and push the shaft threw. then you can work on it easier. You can replace C clip with a E clip later

There is a C clip holding the shock piston on. Use a small flat head screw driver to remove. It will be tricky. Or just remove the shock ball end and push the shaft threw. then you can work on it easier. You can replace C clip with a E clip later

Wow, if only someone had told him about the c clip sooner. Oh wait, someone did, and, he got them off. Did you even read the other replies?

Wow, if only someone had told him about the c clip sooner. Oh wait, someone did, and, he got them off. Did you even read the other replies?
You didn't even tell him HOW to remove it or even na other option to getting it off. :eek:

You didn't even tell him HOW to remove it or even na other option to getting it off. :eek:
He already had them off by the time you replied. Although I was glad to see you didn't tell him he needed more oil content to get them off, since that appears to be your go to answer.

It works both ways & I had that c clip off it was just stuck in there. I had to remove them with a Small Allen. The old shock wouldn’t compress all the way in from the factory witch looks normal but the new one does tap the threaded part it’s that cool to keep it like that? It does uncompressed all the way back smoothly

Back