Rear Tire Issues.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CycloneKid

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I own a nitro rustler and the rear tires have been wearing so horrible ever since i first got the thing. When i apply throttle they turn into the center. I don't know how to fix this because i only know the camber adjustment. Is there a way to turn the wheels more out so they don't do this?

I'm pretty sure that the Rustler has a toe-in that's pre set with the A-arms. It's to keep it tracking better and there's no other option that I'm aware of.

What surface do you run on primarily? If it's pavement/blacktop, you might want to try a set of street tires. Might last you longer than off road tires.

I'm guessing the toe-in is pretty aggressive. My jato was that way too, but I was able to adjust it by getting different hinge pin plates to change the rear toe/angle of the arms. I think it came with 3 degree and I dropped it to 1. Not sure what options the rustler has.

I'm with Olds. But I wonder if the toe is changing under load. Traxxas uses a silly screw type hinge pins on the Rustler and Stampede. I have had issues with them backing out and oblonging the holes in the A-arms

Back