really tasty tidbit to effect us all

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holly crap i did not know they own Axial, ARRMA, Team Durango.
and now HPI

If I were a betting man, Id bet we can kiss the Savage Octane goodbye here in the US.

Don't say that Greywolf! It looks perfect for a basher out where I live. I really wanted to save up this summer for the octane. :(

Dont get me wrong I hope that they do come through with it but theres no telling now. I can't believe they were going bankrupt....Everyone loves HPI and they make some really great kits.

If I were a betting man, Id bet we can kiss the Savage Octane goodbye here in the US.

I don't think so man, delayed...maybe but I don't see it getting canned. There's too much "buzz" around that thing, I see it staying on track and getting released in the UK in April. They may test the waters over there and get the bugs worked out, THEN release it in the states. If the price isn't too crazy, I may have to pick one up, I've been planning on grabbing a Savage eventually, and I'll be in the UK come April...........just depends on the cost. I'm loosing my hook up, I could get discounts on stuff when I worked at my LHS, especially new stuff.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

I can't believe they were going bankrupt....Everyone loves HPI and they make some really great kits.

Traxxas man, look at their advertising. How many people come here asking about a T-Maxx or Revo compared to how many ask about a Savage? Traxxas has been swarming just about every motorsports event, watch something on Speed, you'll see Traxxas.

You also got to think about all the baja clones out there to now, which has its own topic in the large scale section.

I did not see this coming at all. I figured HPI was doing pretty well with the baja, savage, and other models. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can keep getting parts like I can. Maybe all the warranty and free parts that everyone called for hurt them more then helped them.

guess i was late on my post didnt see this on let me delete mine

I will say this. I am done with hpi for at least a year.

Last edited:
Hobbico just became their distributor:
http://www.hpiracing.com/news/2013021501/
HPISite said:
HPI Announcement

In light of recent media speculation, HPI would like to confirm that it has appointed Hobbico/Great Planes Model Distributors as their exclusive distributor for HPI RC Cars in North America. This distribution partnership is a further extension of the HPI’s exclusive distribution network that is operating very successfully throughout the rest of the world.

We would like to be clear that Hobbico has not purchased HPI, HPI’s assets or the rights to any HPI products. Hobbico/Great Planes Model Distributors have simply purchased the necessary product inventory to enable them to provide the service levels required from an exclusive distributor in such a large market area. Their comprehensive distribution facilities will ensure fast and effective supply of the entire HPI product line.

As the exclusive North American distributor, Hobbico will also be providing first-class customer services utilizing their extensive facilities and knowledgeable staff at their headquarters in Champaign, Illinois. The customer service facility will be operational for the HPI product range beginning March 1st, 2013.

HPI USA will retain its headquarters in California, where we will continue to develop market-leading products and maintain relationships with our high-profile corporate partners. HPI Europe will handle centralized purchasing and logistics operations, resulting in more efficient accessibility of global product demand. These combined efforts will enable North American shops and customers better and faster access to HPI’s kits, spares and support.

This exciting partnership will enhance HPI’s presence within North America by giving both companies the opportunity to concentrate their efforts on their own specialized areas of the business.

HPI’s dedication to product development, marketing collaborations and our distribution partners will ensure HPI will remain the front runner in the worldwide RC market.

yup, pretty much. hopefully it dont affect customer service too badly

yup, pretty much. hopefully it dont affect customer service too badly
I have had pretty good customer service with Hobbico actually....to be honest really good. I do not see a problem with them with the experiences I have had.