Really it had to end today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I was on horizon last night and saw the granite voltage was on sale for $90 I was like alright I guess I’ll get it but the money wasn’t in my account so I was like tomorrow now it’s $120 again definitely not paying that much for it just wait intill Black Friday or another sale cause I want a “monster truck” or whatever there called not a monster truck but something like that and don’t want to spend a ton on it and I’ll probably buy a max10 Black Friday and the car whenever

So I was on horizon last night and saw the granite voltage was on sale for $90 I was like alright I guess I’ll get it but the money wasn’t in my account so I was like tomorrow now it’s $120 again definitely not paying that much for it just wait intill Black Friday or another sale cause I want a “monster truck” or whatever there called not a monster truck but something like that and don’t want to spend a ton on it and I’ll probably buy a max10 Black Friday and the car whenever
Just curious, but why a Granite Voltage? Just because its cheap? several people i know who have had them werent too impressed with them.

You could go with the Traxxas Stampede 2wd.
They are a few bucks over $200
I have one and it's a kick in the arse to drive.

Just curious, but why a Granite Voltage? Just because its cheap? several people i know who have had them werent too impressed with them.
I want to get it to start a new build specifically a monster truck but not spending a ton on cash on the car but spend money on parts and something to help people out with a first time rc car that you don’t need to spend $250 on that’s still brushed

I want to get it to start a new build specifically a monster truck but not spending a ton on cash on the car but spend money on parts and something to help people out with a first time rc car that you don’t need to spend $250 on that’s still brushed
Why not an ECX then? Still 2WD, cheap to buy new and used, easier to build and upgrade. The AMP MT kit, last I checked was around $140, or, $160 RTR. You can also find rollers and complete chassis on eBay for $100 (I get them from a store called cash4rc, and have never had an issue buying a roller to build from them). The Torment and Ruckus are the exact same truck, just different bodies and wheels, so either of those chassis would make a good 2WD MT, or, the AMP MT is a shorter wheelbase MT.

EDIT: The Granite Voltage is very, very limited in terms of parts and upgrade ability.

Back