Real Bad Day

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In some ways the no fault thing is a fairly decent idea, well not completely no fault but a percentage of fault to both or all drivers. It will actually help prevent accidents from happening a little.

Originally posted by El Pirata
People actually pay $4000 a year in insurance??? Holy cow!!! I thought $300 a year was bad!

$225 a month right here.....and that doesn't include my wife.

Michigans no fault suck buy a new truck with no tickets no nothing and your ins is though the roof becuse you male and its a 4x4 what a frigging joke my ins is more on my older 1995 blazer than the old ladys 2001 olds ..

:ban: No fault

Rob
:batman:

Originally posted by matts6887

How could it be both drivers fault if someone else hit u? That just does not seem to pan out.
The reason being you know there are literally thousands of drivers out there that regardless of whether they could have swerved to avoid the accident or not decided to let the accident happen so they could get their beater fixed at someone else's dime.

The navigation rules, kinda like driving laws, both ibnland and international have a rule for avoiding a colission. If there is an accident both parties are wrong for their being and accident. After the smoke clears it may be found that the accident was 95% fault to one person and 5% fault to the other but regardless the accident is both people's fault for letting it happen in the first place.

I have always thought it would be so much easier if the driving laws were similar. While no fault is a little too extreme for most it at least is a step in the right direction.

thats for sure Matts it gets to be a joke on ins up here i hate to see what the company i work for pays in ins we all get vans we drive all day long and take home with us

Rob:trout:

It would help drivers drive more defensively. Think about the last time you were in an accident. Did you just hit the brakes and white knuckle it and say this is gonna hurt or did you try to swerve to avoid the accident completely but did not completely. While with all the facors of the accident in mind does not mean that you need to try to swerve to avoid the accident every time there could be kids or something else you would hit worse by trying to swerve.

Accidents are part of life. As long as we try are binded by law to make the accidents less damage than if we had just hit whatever then we're good.

You know there are drivers on the road that just because this guy whipped in front of him and was going to be hit decided to take the accident instead of swerving to the empty lane and avoiding the accident completely. With laws like All Fault accidents like this would be less frequent. Fewer traffic jams from accidents means you can get home sooner. The best way to survive an accident is to not get into one in the first place.

I'm 32 years old and have only been in 2 accidents that I could not prevent. I've had hundreds of close calls but never any contact save the 2 I already mentioned.

You think that's the reason why this makes sense, for the insurance rates to skyrocket? Why would they skyrocket if you were only 2% wrong? They wouldn't but because drivers would know that this goes on their driving records and that when you have 2 accidents that were 2% your fault it does show a pattern to who is just trying to milk the system to their advantage.

SO the guy who slams on his brakes because he thought you were a little too close and causes you to hit him should be without fault because he claimed he saw the dog that you know damned good and well was not there. That type of person should be faultless and the person who was tailgating is 100% wrong?

In a perfect word where there are not people trying to do stuff like hit the brakes so someone could hit them or not swerve out of the way to avoid an accident when someone cuts in front of them. In reality there are literally thousands of people out there on the road that do things like was mentioned above day in and day out. The accident happens then they fake an injury and get paid out the butt for compensation for their injuries and their "mental" trauma of going through the ordeal of the accident.

It is the fault of the person who was following too close. However some of the drivers that are just looking for a lawsuit may have slammed on the brakes just to get into an accident.

The same type of person that intentionally spilled coffee on her legs and won a multimillion dollar from McDonalds.

That's why the all fault to a % law makes sense. Like I said there are thousands of people out on the roads just looking for something like that so they can win their lawsuit and get paid for doing nothing.

All states should have the same driving, tax and insurance laws. Drinking and smoking ages should also be the same from state to state.

I think I specified should, yup there it is, SHOULD!!! Right where I typed it a few minutes ago.

Back