Ready to up grade my DR10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoofyRedneck

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Like to hear what others have done with a stock DR10..I really like Tekin so anyone has that I'd really like to hear what u went with and any changes necessary to run 3s

Are you setting it up as a drag car? Cuz typically they only race on 2S. If your racing on 2S then Id put a Tekin RX8 with a 2.5T or 3.5T Tekin Eliminator motor in it. you're going to need a high quality lipo to power that combo though. Id look at SMCs SRD lipo packs. I hear good things about the Fantom Icon 3.5T motor as well as the Trinity Hole Shot Drag Master 3T motor. Personally though Id go with Tekin.

If your just messing around having fun with it and not seriously racing it then it doesn't matter to much.

Are you setting it up as a drag car? Cuz typically they only race on 2S. If your racing on 2S then Id put a Tekin RX8 with a 2.5T or 3.5T Tekin Eliminator motor in it. you're going to need a high quality lipo to power that combo though. Id look at SMCs SRD lipo packs. I hear good things about the fantom 3T motor as well

If your just messing around having fun with it and not seriously racing it then it doesn't matter to much.
Yes I just racing for fun with friends no rules ...so what u mentioned is capable to run on 3s..

The RX8 can but the eliminator motors are only 1-2S capable. That being said that set up on 2S should have you running 132ft (the length of a no prep drag strip) in 2.4-2.6 seconds. Once you have the car dialed in and set up properly. you're friends would have a hard time beating that even on 3S

Are you setting it up as a drag car? Cuz typically they only race on 2S. If your racing on 2S then Id put a Tekin RX8 with a 2.5T or 3.5T Tekin Eliminator motor in it. you're going to need a high quality lipo to power that combo though. Id look at SMCs SRD lipo packs. I hear good things about the Fantom Icon 3.5T motor as well as the Trinity Hole Shot Drag Master 3T motor. Personally though Id go with Tekin.

The RX8 can but the eliminator motors are only 1-2S capable. That being said that set up on 2S should have you running 132ft (the length of a no prep drag strip) in 2.4-2.6 seconds. Once you have the car dialed in and set up properly. you're friends would have a hard time beating that even on 3S
Great info,,,that is plenty the speed with 2s I'm looking for.....so they don't allow 3s but u can have a 1/8 scale esc...I'm over a. Hour away from nearest organized event but will b nice to have something to compete occasionally...will be a lil while but I'm sure 2b back once it's time to tune...any suggestions on aftermarket tires are popular???& I thought I was in a dragrace forum..I'm not to good on this internet stuff..I am way spread out in rc world..Trucks,cars,,planes, drones. Elec..nitro....thanks for the help

Great info,,,that is plenty the speed with 2s I'm looking for.....so they don't allow 3s but u can have a 1/8 scale esc...I'm over a. Hour away from nearest organized event but will b nice to have something to compete occasionally...will be a lil while but I'm sure 2b back once it's time to tune...any suggestions on aftermarket tires are popular???& I thought I was in a dragrace forum..I'm not to good on this internet stuff..I am way spread out in rc world..Trucks,cars,,planes, drones. Elec..nitro....thanks for the help
you're welcome :)

Well in order to find out what they will allow and not allow you'll have to talk to some of the people who actually race in your area. Their rules may be different from my local rules but yes you almost have to run an 1/8 scale ESC cuz of the amount of current those low turn motors consume. Thats also why you need a high quality drag racing battery. I've seen graphs where guys lipos have gone from fully charged to dipping under 5.7V in less than 2/10ths of a second. Those drag cars are power hungry just like real ones :)

As for tires I believe the Proline Reactions, Proline Hoosiers, and the DE Racing Street Outlaw tires are probably the 3 most popular at least around my area with the two prolines being the most dominate.

I know what you mean about being spread out in the hobby. I'm not as bad as I used to be but I'm still pretty bad lol

Right on,, Hard core draw fosho.....I will check out some pro lines.....

There's a guys yt channel I need to get for ya. It's a smaller channel but dude tests a lot of different no prep stuff and shows you his results. I forget the name of it, I'll get it for you when I'm home. I've learned a fair amount just from his testing

Like to hear what others have done with a stock DR10..I really like Tekin so anyone has that I'd really like to hear what u went with and any changes necessary to run 3s
I'm the new guy, from Texas that also has a DR10 and shoe string budget, I want to run stock class. I assume you change gears, 2S, etc. But the rules seem different everywhere it seems. Regardless I change my pinion and spur gear and put a spool in the diff, now at least it's getting more interesting but a 22S and drag Slash is faster.

Back