RCNT Get-Together (West Coast)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the info eddy - so far I've found flights as cheap as 220.00 round trip to oakland. why isnt anyone flying into sacramento?

ATTN: Anyone getting hotel accomodations that needs a roomate?

Sacramento is usually more expensive. I am shuttling WoodiE and Chris around and the bay aria is more convenient for me. If you can come in around the same time I will be more than glad to play cabie. I'm shaving my head and looking for a camo green army jacket.

Originally posted by FastEddy
I'm shaving my head and looking for a camo green army jacket.

issues man, issues. lol.

i PM's woodrow and Chris as to what their schedules were. ill let u know

How long will you be staying?
If its cheeper fly to LA and drive up with the boys. You can see our fine state from the road. I'm sure Bakersfield would be the highlight of your trip

actually, that isnt a bad idea. gotta watch the cash though, but i have plenty of vacation time.

So what's the news thus far? Should I bring my touring onroad car? Or is this offroad only?

Are lowly people like I invited? I live in the Sacramento area.

Everyone is invited!
We are getting the details worked out on the location.
Our first thought was to have it somewhere in Sac. but we haven't had a chance to find a good bashing place.

If you know of a great spot please let me know.

-Ed

Last edited:
If you know of a great spot please let me know.

-Ed

For about how many poeple?

Hard to say, 10 or more...

Look at the pics from the East Coast bash and see what they had.
We need to show them up :hump:

i was wondering if the west coast bash is ever going to happen...NoCal hosts, get moving
i bought me a little tool bag and i'm starting to load up on spare parts...
like what 007kel wants to know, is this strictly offroad? not that i have a super fast onroad that i wanna show off

I'm sure we can find a parking lot. With the Economy the way it is we have lots of empty places to bash on road.
Bring what you got!

ok, i guess i'll have to load up on the onroad spares as well

Post a date so I can go ahead and start planning:dancin:

An idea for the Sacramento area

What would you guys think about an area that's about a 120 acers ajacent to a pond, opened for RC cars and planes and hosted by a couple of the lhs's ? The down side, no place for onroad at that location. Just a thought based on a conversation with one of the lhs owners. Of course that could open it up to some of the local folks.

It' seems to be a problem with respect to liability. I've placed several calls into some of the local landowners and most of the lhs that I patronize and I keep getting the same answer, liability. There are several locations that I run or have run but I would hate to see the local PD shut it down in the middle of having some fun. One of the local flight clubs does have a site in Roseville ( Red Baron's ) that has an offrod track. I spoke with the Treasurer and he says we would probably be good-to-go if each of us are AMA or ROAR insured..... I'm not although some of you probably are. Our best spot to bash has been recently shut down by the land owner do to the dirt bikes and some one getting hurt. Now the local PD is ticketing groups when they see them. Frigging California. This bash is a great plan. I'm still looking.

Isnt there just a track with both on and off-road? Maybe we could rent the joint....

Ill sign an indemnity clause if they need it.

I thought that you guys were looking for more of a place to go bash around for a couple of days.........Sacramento RC Racing has both an indoor and outdoor track. The owner says he can handle the crowd if we want to try and work something out. You want me to go take some pics and post?

I'm still at work and headed home. I'll check back later.

Sac. has some great tracks.
The only issue is we will have to follow track rules and be respectfully to the younger and old ladies.

If a track is what everyone wants great! I'm in but my preference is a bash...

Lets hear what everyone wants.

Back