RCNT Get-Together (West Coast)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha-Ha
Everyone on the East Coast will be snowed in and we will be in our shorts having a BBQ Bash. :D
Your all invited, Our Summer lasts until Halloween and even longer some years. Then we get 3 months of rain and its Summer again.

probably like 10-20 bucks a head is what I am guessing.

3 months of pouring ass cats and dog rain up here.

here is the map if it works http://www.mapquest.com/maps/refreshmap.adp?zo=1&rand=4560

Its like 15-20 minutes from Downtown Sac. Hotels a plenty in the Downtown area and all are fine just don't stay in South Sac or West Sac, everything else is safe non gang territory (pretty much) If you are in question that the hotel you are thinking of staying in might be in a questionable area PM me and I will let you know. Huge ass parks in Sac so no problem on finding a BB-Q spot, Clubs I know them all and the 3 strip clubs are included in this. Can't we all just leave the wifey's at home? Regular rates for that area are $45-$75 and I would question anything under $40 as to why it is so cheap.

Last edited:
I like October. I couldn't consider New York cuz I just came back from there and my employer likes to see me every once in a while. I'm seeing family again around labor day holiday so same thing there.

I used to live in Rancho Cordova, then Lake Tahoe. While living in Lake Tahoe and visiting the valley again, I'd stay here. Just a little homey strip motel of about a dozen units not far from Sacto out highway 50 towards Rancho Cordova. (Hopefully they still have the swimming pool!)

CASA LINDA MOTEL
9509 FOLSOM BLVD SACRAMENTO, CA 95827-1201
(916) 363-6231

Originally posted by humboldtblazer

here is the map if it works http://www.mapquest.com/maps/refreshmap.adp?zo=1&rand=4560

It didn't work for me, Humboldt.. Was this the Capitol City RC Track?

I'm in for sure sure and wouldn't mind to chip in to rent out the track. Like I said I'm free anytime in October. Let me know what date in October is good for everyone else.

As for the wifey thing, I can leave mine at home. I want to go to the HumboldtBlazer after party.

Originally posted by wdavidhicks
I used to live in Rancho Cordova, then Lake Tahoe. While living in Lake Tahoe and visiting the valley again, I'd stay here. Just a little homey strip motel of about a dozen units not far from Sacto out highway 50 towards Rancho Cordova. (Hopefully they still have the swimming pool!)

CASA LINDA MOTEL
9509 FOLSOM BLVD SACRAMENTO, CA 95827-1201
(916) 363-6231

It didn't work for me, Humboldt.. Was this the Capitol City RC Track?

Yes that is Capital City RC out on S. Watt. You from Rancho Camobodia huh? I lived in Sac for about 5 years and loved the area. The SF bay and SAC I will always consider my home stomping grounds.....

We don't have to rent a track as there are probably like 100 places we could bash as but I thought it would be fun to rent the indoor gas/electric track, that way if we have rain we could still run.

I had never heard Rancho Cambodia! :hehe:

I was raised in Illinois. I got to California after I joined the service and they sent me to Mather AFB.

What's going on with the West Coast Bash? Is everyone still up for it?

I am still up for it. Just don't know when as it seems we are a group that has a hard time deciding.

OK, I like Sept 21-22 but can do it any weekend between Sept 1st through Oct 20th.

Now first things first. Lets iron out a date then talk about the festivities. Then we organize where we will all meet and such.

Ill bring the video cam. Get all your ugly mugs on my site.

I think that someone needs to pick a date and place and lets see if we can make this happen. I am more partial to an october date.

I'm partial to an October date as well. Should we simply start a poll? (all Saturday and Sunday dates):

• 4th & 5th
    11th & 12th
    18th & 19th
    25th & 26th
    Any of the above

Everyone go to the date poll, so we can confirm a date for everyone to go. Here's the link just in case:
Date Poll

Last edited:
Wow I was gone for a week and there was no further than when I left.

Hey what about this guys are there only going to be a few of us? comon, we gotta show up the east coast people! I told my girlfriend about it and she is willing to go with me! Money is no prob, but gotta choose a good flight! In door track sounds like a good idea! but what about the off road people! I am going to have my buggy by then and i will want to bash the beach! I say we have one day @ the track and then another day at the beach! and we can use one of the parking lots @ the beach to do it at & also have the off roads tearing up the beach......
We can also have some drag racing for those of us who like to see outr cars go in a straight line! :)

What about food and other stuff like that? BBQ or everyone fin for them selfs?
I am looking forward to this, but if all of this goes down the drain then it is usless, we need to put someone in charge of everything.....

Lets get this thing together so we all can have a bash of a weekend and get our race on!!!!!

use this map to show where verything is, like the race track, and where a good place to use the beach @

http://gis.cityofsacramento.org/website/sacgeneralmap/default.asp

The beaches in Northern Ca are much different than they are in Southern Ca. Most of the time its way to cold and windy to even think about spending the day close to the water.

Sacramento is about 125 miles from the beach and is inland. The weather there is usually 20-50 degrees hotter than the coast. Sacramento is in a valley with its own micro climate.

I would like to out do the East Coast Lamers and show them how its done. We need to settle on a date then go from there.

Many of the tracks here are off road indoor tracks and have on road tracks as well. If we prefer, there are many places to go that will accommodate outdoor bashing off road and on road as well.

Lets get a date together.

Zoomer it is an indoor OFF-ROAD dirt track for nitro/electric.

Sacramento is about 2hrs away from any beach.

Originally posted by FastEddy

I would like to out do the East Coast Lamers and show them how its done. We need to settle on a date then go from there.

Jeeez. You just flamed half the US man. Is this a competition? What are the rules? Is it like who has the most people or who has the most fun? Can we count the Buffalo natives not signed up on the board? Also if it's most fun, we're gonna have to post some details and call a vote. :D

-Rob

There will be anywhere from 5 - 10 Buffalo natives there.

Eddy - I'm going to stay at your place, I'm bringing my buggy, my purple antenna monster and Ill show you East Coast lovin!

lol

You guys need to pin down a date so I can book airfare NOW so I dont pay through the ass for a ticket.

they're just not as organized as us. :stick:

Back