RC4WD Gelande

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This is not a bad rig at all, handles much better than the trailfinder IMO! The disruptor tranny and disruptor transfer case makes it very slow but gives you excellent control getting over or through the rough stuff. The D-90 looks ok but it's not really my taste, look for a new body soon!

222khjg.gif

33333hghgf.gif

D-90hill.gif

I'm actually thinking about picking this rig up. Lol I was just thinking about this rig 30s before reading this thread... Its a sign aperantly

Nice rig smaxxin. Man I really dig the scaler look big time, and get the urge to do one up now and again. But, then I think about the crawler I built and never touched. Just wasn't for me, but damn I like looking at 'em.

I'm actually thinking about picking this rig up. Lol I was just thinking about this rig 30s before reading this thread... Its a sign aperantly

It's a fun scale rig and I'm really enjoying it but just know that an scx will run circles around it...not even close!

Nice rig smaxxin. Man I really dig the scaler look big time, and get the urge to do one up now and again. But, then I think about the crawler I built and never touched. Just wasn't for me, but damn I like looking at 'em.

IMO scalers and crawlers are totally different! The thing that keeps me interested in scalers is that I don't need a special place to run it to have fun with it.

Last edited:
IMO scalers and crawlers are totally different! The thing that keeps me interested in scalers is that I don't need a special place to run it to have fun with it.

Hmmm, very good point. I think all my running gear would mount up to an RC4wd trail finder chassis. May have to look into that for next winters project, as this winter is already spoken for.

Nice rig! Makes me want to start back on JKU project.

I gave the stompers a new look
1111111111111.gif

I also snapped a shot with the lights on

77777777777777.gif

Last edited:
If you sell this I want first dibs haha, thats an awesome rig.

Let me ask, what makes the scx10 so superior to this rig? Also, does that R2 tranny hang below the chassis like it did on my Hilux?

IMO the scx uses a better link set up and is a lot lighter and responds better to weight placement, this baby is heavy and feels like an over weight hog trying to climb. The way the bottom of the diffs are made also hangs up on everything but they look good. I'm about to put a yota body on it and maybe a shock and tire change, all should help performance.

This rig doesn't use the R2 tranny, it used a disruptor tranny and transfer case...very nice IMO.

Tranny
http://store.rc4wd.com/Disruptor-Ultra-Compact-Planetary-Transmission_p_1205.html

Transfer case
http://store.rc4wd.com/T1-Disruptor-Black-Transfer-Case-2181-Gearing_p_859.html

I had an 82 Yota 4x4 back in the day and I have always wanted a yota scaler woo hoo!!

yota1.gif

yotaflex.gif

The only thing I'm sure of is that it will eventually have an interior, haven't made up my mind on the rest of it.

I actually have an interior that bolts into those Yotas if your interested LMK I can shoot you some pics.

That thing looks great though, and by the looks, the guy was going to fab a nice fat setup for a bumper with how much he hacked off the front.

Got some new shocks in today, they look great and feel really good for an oil less shock!

scaleshocks.gif

GMadeTS02.gif

Yotashock.gif

Last edited:
Nice shocks. I wouldn't want to hide those.

They were $48.00 from RPP Hobby

So how do these work, does the grease go on the springs so they move smoothly and are they sealed in any way?

Due to me not paying attention to what I read these shocks are too long for this set up :( I needed a 90mm shock and these are 90mm compressed.

So how do these work, does the grease go on the springs so they move smoothly and are they sealed in any way?

There is a plunger that goes inside the upper tube and it is screwed to the lower cylinder, you put the grease on the plunger so is slides freely inside of the upper tube. The spring is placed on top of the plunger inside the upper tube and held in by the cap...they are not sealed. This pics showes how they go together

6544566256546.gif