RC4WD 1/24 Trail Finder 2 Price Drop

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Just got a notification they dropoed the price on the 1/24 Trail Finder. There hasn't been a lot of really good reviews of this truck that I have seen, but I haven't really been looking at it much either. But going for $169.99 to $79.99 it might be worth a shot. Does anybody have one? Curious to hear anyone's thoughts that have had one for awhile.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/new-lo...351&l=21_HTML&u=3011915&mid=514004604&jb=1023

$79 would be well worth messing around with. I would jump on that if I wasn't trying to get my bike out of layaway.

The price is enticing, but it is definitely a trail truck only, from what I've seen very weak at climbing. I just don't want to buy something that will get ignored because my others work better. Gotta love the body though.

That kind of price drop seems a little desperate. It's what you have to do to get things out there sometimes, especially with FMS seeming to continue to improve and gain support. It can be a bad sign for the future of a product though.

i dont know i might jump on this one so i can finally have a crawler
But with this truck, it's not a good crawler. It's more a little trail truck, if your trail is only a 100 yards or so lol.

Be careful. For RC4WD to discount it that much don't be surprised if they are planning to discontinue it. Parts may become a hard find if they do.

Be careful. For RC4WD to discount it that much don't be surprised if they are planning to discontinue it. Parts may become a hard find if they do.
Good point. I thought it was really overpriced myself. If they really thought it was worth their original price, I can see them pulling the plug.

i dont know i might jump on this one so i can finally have a crawler
I think you'd be happier saving for something else, can't help but think this will be disappointing out of the box. Love the new avatar by the way. :thumbs-up:

But with this truck, it's not a good crawler. It's more a little trail truck, if your trail is only a 100 yards or so lol.
ok
I think you'd be happier saving for something else, can't help but think this will be disappointing out of the box. Love the new avatar by the way. :thumbs-up:
ok ill save for a scx24 and thanks

I purchased one and there is zero aftermarket support. They are terrible out of the box. I will need to start a thread on mine and what I have done on it so far. Its much better now but not worth what they were asking. I paid $110cdn and was original $260cdn. I think the LHS still has a bunch that are on clearance price.

I purchased one and there is zero aftermarket support. They are terrible out of the box. I will need to start a thread on mine and what I have done on it so far. Its much better now but not worth what they were asking. I paid $110cdn and was original $260cdn. I think the LHS still has a bunch that are on clearance price.
Yeah, I think it was a flop. That is why they dropped the price. Wondering if they are even going to continue making them.

I was hoping Furitek would have jumped onboard and designed a new motor module/transmission for them, but it doesn't look like they will be doing anything with it.

Yeah, I think it was a flop. That is why they dropped the price. Wondering if they are even going to continue making them.

I was hoping Furitek would have jumped onboard and designed a new motor module/transmission for them, but it doesn't look like they will be doing anything with it.
They really missed the target on it.

Back