RC10T3 gearing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtjvt

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I jsut got this truck and am kinda confused figuring out what gear ratio does what, I am currently running a 14t double trinity motor, with a 18/87 gear ratio, I would like a little more power off the line, but I still want some top end also, can someone explain to me how to figure out what ratios do what??. thanks in advance.

Anytime! Let us know how you make out.

kinda confused, I am running a speed gem 2 14 double motor, stock tires and a 87 tooth spur and 18 tooth pinion, closest I can tell is 40mph, I don't think this is right, it is fast as hell but 40???

Chris hate to rain on your parade but that thing is USELESS and I have spent a good deal of time messing with it

OK that said i will give you some tips:
Here is what Trinity recommends as gearing starting points for your truck with two diffrent motors
Assoc. T3 48 pitch (Stock - 18/87) (10T Mod - 16/87

Now you are running a 14T Which with your gearing on that truck it is acceptable as long as its not getting hot. If its not geeting hot thats great. Now to get more tourqe you have two choices a lower number of teeth on the pinion which is what you should do. Or a higher number on the Spur.

When you lower the pinion it will give more tourqe but it will also decrease top speed.

Also one tooth on a pinion is about equivilant to Three teeht on a spur gear so make changed on the pinion normally... Also if your motor is running hot then you need to gear down. You should be able to hold your thumb on the motor for a few seconds after yoy have run for a bit if its flaming hot you are overgeared..

Now if you have more questions please ask...X

Nope motor is not getting hot at all, what would be a rough guess of top end speed???? and how can I figure this out short off having it clocked with a radar gun?? I am very happy with this truck, just trying to learn all I can.

OK man If you want a speed checker that makes sense go here. RCTECK RCGears Program Go to the bottom and dowload it .. I already did the work for you on this one....

stealth tranny gear ration = 2.25
spur gear 87
pinion 18
tire diameter guesing a standard 2.2 hole shot = 95mm or 3.75 in
14x2 Onnyx Speed Gems 2 = 29000rpms

This gives you

Spur/Pinion Ration 4.833
Gear Ratio 10.875
Rollout 1.083 in
Top speed estimate 29.750 MPH

X

Hey thanks X, that is exactly the kind of program I was looking for,:bow: