rc10gt with a 2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So i just set up a deal for a rc10gt but i was told it is a rc10gt2 with a traxxas 2.5 that has a pull start . The guy wanted 50.00 so yeah i was kinda worried how the motor was. I was told he wanted out of the hobby and he is going to electrics. He is going to throw in a traxxas remote for 25.00 more. I said ok but lets get this thing to fire. I have fuel and glow plugs and a starter for it so i said i can get it going. He needs a few hours i guess to get it to a rtr for me so i said ok i am free. I am not holding my breath but my plan is to make sure it stats and see i live on the east coast and we got some snow and all the parking lots are bad. i picked a spot that has a over hand and my idea is to get it to idle for a few seconds and do a few 20-30 foot speed passes up the side walk. I picked a local kmart and you know no one shops at them no more lol. I hope he does not think he can get over on me but for 75.00 it is worth a shot imo. I was told it has a new piston and it ran good but to me that all means nothing. He did say the one way bearing might need a cleaning , which a little wipe down or spray could be in order but even a 15.00 bearing imo i am ok with that. So i will post back maybe i will get a rc10gt/traxxas hybrid. That could work out well.

What??? A POS 2.5 traxxas engine in an RC10GT...that's an abomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J/K man.. for $75 if It runs and it's in descent shape, thats a pretty good deal. There are parts all over ebay if you need to replace something.

What??? A POS 2.5 traxxas engine in an RC10GT...that's an abomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J/K man.. for $75 if It runs and it's in descent shape, thats a pretty good deal. There are parts all over ebay if you need to replace something.

ahahhaha, yea i know but for that amount i can not pass on it if it works. I will pull the glow plug to check for comprasion or lack of. I will then do my best to get it up to full temp even though there is snow every where but i will just work with the space i have. I think if it is in top shape and all electronics work worst case, i can go pick up another motor . I think my lhs has used motor's for sale. I was told the one way bearing might need to be cleaned even if it needs a new one i can get it for 11.00 to my door. And ebay has a lot of parts for the truck like you said.I was thinking i could fix the motor but the guy said he changed the piston so at this point if it dies when it gets to 200-240 range i will throw the motor in trash.. IMO I HATE THE 2.5 3.3 .15 ANYTHING THEY MAKE lol. I forgot it has a new body the guy paid 28.00 for it a few months ago

Last edited:
I just got in , it was a pure pos. What ever you can think of when it comes to a used pos nitro this thing had that issue. Oh well

I just got in , it was a pure pos. What ever you can think of when it comes to a used pos nitro this thing had that issue. Oh well

Does it run? I see that there are new bodies coming back on fleabay now too. I guess you'll be busy for awhile tearing it down to clean and inspect it!

Where in ny are you from?

when the traxxas motor goes it will be time for a OS18

great cars I have 6 RC10gt'S and 2 RC10GT2'S love them

bodies are coming back on ebay again

I have to start making me some more bodies with my vacuform machine

MVC-021S_zps64e2087d.jpg

If you don't want to shell out the coin for an OS .18, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the HPI Nitrostar 3.0 for $80, including shipping. They run really good, and are easy to break in and tune. Also, I think there is an eBay seller with AE .18x engines for about $90.

Obviously these won't run with an OS .18TZ, but at half the price or less, they're worth consideration. I have the HPI 3.0 in a black tub GT, thing clocks 52 MPH and has no trouble pulling wheelies up to 15 or 20 MPH.

101_1847_zps11ab5778.jpg

Does it run? I see that there are new bodies coming back on fleabay now too. I guess you'll be busy for awhile tearing it down to clean and inspect it!

no, it needed a new one way bearing,pull start tune pipe and he had no air filter. It had dirt in the fuel tank , there was no way to mount the body and the 2.4 traxxas remote looked as if it was on fire at some point. And the on off switch was just hanging there .

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Where in ny are you from?

near Albany

No kidding me too, I live in rotterdamn 10 mins from albany

Back