RC10gt transmission problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got crawlers

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
On my RC10gt I put all new metal gears, slipper, bearing, everthing is new, but when I put it togeher it does not spin free at all, you can feel it binding.
Any sugestions\help would be grate. thanks

Sounds like you either have something in the wrong place or a shim/part that is sized wrong. Disassemble and inspect thoroughly. Do you have a diagram for proper assembly?

Yes, I found a diagram online and there was a little piece of the broken gear foating around so I made sure there wasn't anything else in there put everthing back together. The trans works great, now all I have to do is set the throttle servo properly because evertime I push it foward to brake it dies and it also at idel it moves by it self will not sit still! Thanks for the help!!!

i did this once before so do not laugh
make sure the screws go back in the exact same place.
i put one screw in the wrong place that was a tad bitter longer and it rubbed the gear.
i assembled it and put it in the case it was fine then tightened all the screws and was tight
i took it apart a few times before i found out what i did

cool, thanks, thats what cool about forums like this. You got good people wanting to hep each other out! THANKS AGAIN