Rc10gt please help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvmyjato

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was bashing the crap out of my rc10gt when it just stopped moving. The engine was still working fine it just wasn't moving. I shut it off andnoticed that when I try to rotate the wheels it has a lot of resistance and the spur gear doesn't turn. I also can't turn the spur gear by hand. Please help

It sounds like there is a problem with the clutch. You will probably need to take the clutch apart and replace the springs and possibly replace the shoes (always a good idea when you're having problems with the springs). You'll also want to check the bearings in the clutch bell as well as check to see if the lining inside of it is grooved or marked. If it is you'll need to replace it.

I just replaced everything in the clutch about two days ago and when it stopped moving the clutch was still working it was still spinning the spur gear the truck just wasn't moving

I don't want to sound stupid but... How do I do that

Not really how do I do that but where is it

Lol. The diff is the black box below and behind the engine that the rear shafts going to the rear wheels come out of. The spur gear sits beside that and on top of the tranny. Basically below your rear shock tower...

topview.jpg

Last edited:
Oh that's wut I thought. I'll stet tearing it down tonight. Thanks for ur help

If the diff isn't your issue then that leaves the tranny. Not where I wanna find a problem. Good luck!

so i found the problem..... Two of the gears in the tranny were almost completely stripped. But on the bright side i found a new tranny kit on ebay for only forty bucks. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Back