Rc10gt engines

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brunom97

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was wondering what kind of engine can fit an rc10gt is it possible for a hpi t15 or what else can I put

I'm pretty sure the HPI .15 has a different shaft. I have a couple TC3's. I think its the same engine as the RC10. Traxxas.15 works well, but make sure you get the one with the same type crank.

I need a cheap aftermarket engine for this

Help please

you need to focus on exhaust config, carb type, and clutch. match up these three things before you buy. we need to know more about you and your truck in order to get a "solid" answer.

Yeah, is
- the carb rotary or slide
- the crank shafted fully threaded/long/short or pilot shaft
- is the exhaust side or rear

If it's a short threaded, then you can buy long threaded and cut it to use the same parts you currently have.

I want to know also if i can put a bigger engine on mine, i currently use a vertex vx-16, can a vertex vx-21 fit on mines?

Probably not. A .21 is a big block and the RC10GT is set up for a small block like a .15-.20

if you want to do it easy just post some detailed pics of your current setup like the carb, exhaust, etc. I've never heard of vertex, but if you want good power and torque look at OS engines.. for the GT2 this is what tower recommends.

For a sport engine set-up from O.S. Max, the .12TZ(P) T3,
Tuned Pipe and Rear Exhaust Manifold (ASCC7977) can be used.

Last edited:
this one is a .16 and has 1hp, 2.43cc i believe, the .18 is 2.3hp and is around 2.92cc, .21 is 3.2hp and 3.45cc, and they are really cheap on ebay they go around 60$, and here is pics of mine, is side exhaust, rotary carb, and about the clutch thing i dont know so good but its a short tread one i believe i post a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1809.jpg
    IMG_1809.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1812.jpg
    IMG_1812.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 287
I am unsure about the hpi mounting up right as the holes are off by .3 mm between the front and back ones.

the above mentioned OS.18 is more than enough and would fit nicely. gear it up a few on bell and enjoy!

No, a 3.3 or .20 is a bout as big as you cab go.

So biggera engine you can put on a 1/10 scale its a .18, thats sad

Not sad. Bigger isnt always better. A .12 red dot will be faster than a lot of .21s.

Your looking mainly for high hp high rpm light weight engines.

IMO a .18 is too much. Consider run time also.

Well i though bigger engines make more power, and more milles, mines only make around 42-47 depend weather and tune, but every time i race it, eat gas a lot! What are good .12 engine? Under 100$.
Mine its in good chape still only been runnin 1/4 og gal and about 2hr. But i want to get a spare one when going to track

Back