Rc10 Gt suspension set up question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JESSE G

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have been running my Rc10 lately up and down the street. I just recently got it tunned in and havent ran it much since I bought it in June. Anyway It has a very strong Engine and has lot of get up and go. My problem is on hard acceleration it doesn't want to turn it just pushes the front wheels. I moved the shock inward which raised the front end and also put more of the tire flat on the ground and also added some shock spacers. It helped some but I was wondering if there was any other suggestions on what I can do to get the front end to plant down better? I have red springs up front and blue spring out back. I dont know the weight of the oil it what came in it but I've checked it and it looks pretty old. I want to be able to run it on rough terrain also. Just right now I'm limited on transportation and just run it here in front of the house thanks for any suggestions.

Jesse

stadium truck are known for understearign..(pushing the front tires) bout the best way to fix that is to move weight forward.. try moving your battery pack up front.. that will help alot!!

You could put shock limiters on the shock shafts to bring the front end down... Moving the battery pack to where the reciever is would help a lot too. My gt never was that great of a turner when i got the big block... It is kinda good now, because at high speed, you dont want it to turn much...

Ok thanks guys, You mean you dont want it to turn on a dime when your hitting 60 mph lol :jk: . I guess I just got used to my E Rustler and going from that to my Rc10 is a HUGE differance lol. I would love to drop a big block in to mine that would be sweet. Some day I want to build a hotrod Rc with a old willy,s body or something like that.

Lowering the front end, softer front springs, move the battery forward, and a little toe out on the front wheels will all help it to turn better.

Just curious but where would be a good place up front to mount the battey pack? I dont see much room to relocate mine. Except mabe on top of the steering servo.

Driving a 2WD statdium truck is a bit of an art form. In the dirt, blipping and quick braking along with steering input is used to steer the truck. AKA Throttle steer. The nose of the RC10GT is very light so understeer will be frequent. You may try changing the front tires to something other than the ribs but most importantly, lay off the power so that weight will transfer to the front so turning will be more efficient.

Hey Diver hows it going? I actully havent even ran it in dirt yet lol. I'm getting some agressive tires from .21Rc10gt and then I'm going to take it out and break it in :). I was just curious if there was some way I could get it to handle a little better on pavement. I did change the tires and messed with the shock location and ride heigth and it helped out quite a bit. I must say I really like the way the stadium truck performs compared to my two ton T-Maxx I had. Its like a little rocket :jet:. I'm sure before long though I will get the itch to to make it even faster :devious:

That's kinda hard to do most of the weight bias to the rear of the truck. I would suggest, other than adding weight to the nose, try messing around with the throttle while turning. See how it will react when throttle is lifted, turn and goose ... things that you would normally do in the dirt to throttle steer it or whip around the rear with brakes (once you get some. Saw your other post ... lol).

Yeah brakes are nice to have lol, last time I ran it they must have heated up and diddnt work at all. I got wacked in the ankle :doh:, Items may appear closer than they actually are lmao!

You could also try a heavier spring in the rear. Stock is silver in the rear, green in front. Try either silvers, or the next step up. Also try raising the rear ride-height to just about level, with the front level. It should make a world of difference.

Raising the front did make a differance. Its not a huge concern I can get it to turn like Diver suggested playing with the throttle while in a turn. And its much better with some of the tweaks I did. Before it wouldnt turn at all unless it was basicly just rolling at a very low speed.

HeartBreak said:
Stock is silver in the rear, green in front.

Switch that around, and you got it right...

Jesse, i didnt have time to send em out this week :shrug: I will send em out first thing Monday!!!

Heh, You're right... Which is odd; I run the stock setup 99% of the time. I also made a mistake in my earlier post. Raise the rear end up ABOVE level, and that should cause it to push a little. Just a little bit... I'd say prolly about the thickness of the CVD. That should make a world of difference.

Back