rc10 gt plus spur gear help....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adeezy9183

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I pulled my rc10 gt plus out of storage and I'm tearing it apart and rebuilding it and the spur gears for them are discontinued everywhere...anyone know what I can use or where I can look to find one? Its the rtr kit if that matters. Thanks guys

Hey guys I pulled my rc10 gt plus out of storage and I'm tearing it apart and rebuilding it and the spur gears for them are discontinued everywhere...anyone know what I can use or where I can look to find one? Its the rtr kit if that matters. Thanks guys

Check out Tower hobbies, here is the site, with the part already looked up :D its at the botto of the page, and there are a few more about half way.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=RC10gt

Last edited:
i normally shop there and i couldn't find them but sure enough there they were. thanks buddy. you wouldn't happen to know where i could find a schematic for the truck would you. i mainly just need to know how to put the slipper clutch together. thanks alot bud

i normally shop there and i couldn't find them but sure enough there they were. thanks buddy. you wouldn't happen to know where i could find a schematic for the truck would you. i mainly just need to know how to put the slipper clutch together. thanks alot bud

http://www.rc10gthobby.com/downloads/tbgt_man1.pdf

spur gear is on page 10 :D no problem ( this is the complete owners manual)

Here is the exploded view of the whole truck:

http://aedownloads.com/downloads/drawings/drawing_gt.pdf

Last edited:
thanks man that helps out a lot!!!! do you know what would cause this thing to melt the spur gears? could it be that the locknut on the slipper was too tight? that's what i am thinking? i barely use this thing. never even been on a track. mostly on pavement and occasional off roading

thanks man that helps out a lot!!!! do you know what would cause this thing to melt the spur gears? could it be that the locknut on the slipper was too tight? that's what i am thinking? i barely use this thing. never even been on a track. mostly on pavement and occasional off roading

To tell you the truth I really don't know on that one, I'm really really new to R/C my self, My husband just bought me my first truck last week, I just am really good at finding what needs to be found on the internet..... sorry I couldn't help you anymore.....:\

you should be able to find them at your LHS i know kimbrough (not sur eon spelling) made them. its just a 32 pitch gear. make sure it has the holes in it for the slipper clutch. many cars and trucks should still be using the same type.

i found them buddy. and thanks! unfortunately, my LHS shut down about a year ago, so it's towerhobbies.com for me or an hour drive if i don't wanna wait for shipping...lol thanks guys and gals

did the teeth strip or did they actualy melt? if they stripped ur mesh could have been off or your slipper to tight. if you actualy melted it your slipper might have been to loose. are the slipper pads melted to? if so replace them aswell. if everything is melted that i just stated your slipper is to loose. (and you can remove the gear without taking the slipper apart)

Back