rc10 gt,convert from bump to pull start?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hirevn

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm wanting to go from bump start to pull start in my factory team gt.I'm switching my starter box around for 1/8 scale buggy for the track but my son and i still want to run the pair of gt's(his is rtr with pull) but its to much of a pain swaping the box back and forth and I'm not wanting to buy a second box.i wont be racing the truck so I'm thinking of the o.s. 18cv-rx.
my question is what else do i need to convert other than the head pipe to clear the starter and the larger flywheel?
also what do you guys think of the o.s 18 cv-rx?enough power for the gt?
my last motor was a .15 sirio 5 port that was way to powerfull(uncontrolable) and a pita to keep tuned,i can't get parts for it and if i could just the piston/ sleeve was 83.00 and this o.s. is only 99.00. :smoke:

Last edited:
oh yes,forgot that the motor had to be raised.do i get the rtr mount or do they have an adapter for the mount already there to raise the motor?

You need the pullstart motor mount (mentioned above), as well as the pull start header, and a body that will clear the new header/pullstart assembly/pipe.

Other than that, it's a straight-forward build-up.

hirevn said:
my question is what else do i need to convert other than the head pipe to clear the starter and the larger flywheel?

he already knew about the header and flywheel...

thanks for the help guys,now what do you think of the .18 cv-rx? for 99.00 looks like a good buy but i can spend alittle more if theres a better pull start that fits the truck without going to overbored in power (already did that :devious: ).i had the truck beefed up for the most part so didnt break much but just to uncontrolable.

Last edited:
get a .12 cv-rX i got the non pull version in my GT and its more then enough... and if you stick with a .12 you could still race it if you wanted to

joey said:
get a .12 cv-rX i got the non pull version in my GT and its more then enough... and if you stick with a .12 you could still race it if you wanted to
do you think the .18 is to much or is the .12 more powerfull due to being race leagal?

the 18 cvrx is IMO is way too much motor for the GT you will never have the front wheels on the ground ,and thats a honest opinion i had that same mill on my t-maxx and it moved it along really well and would wheelie when ever i wanted ,so if you want a flat out wheelie rig go for it if not then stick with the .12's and like joey says if you want to race it then you have to have the .12
i am sure .21gt will chime in here if he see's this and lend a hand ,he mounted a .21 on his lol

oh and with the converting your mill to a pul start ,if the crank has the little button on it then all you will need it the taller mounts,pullstart,backplate with starter shaft and 1-way bearing header to clear the pullstarter and you should be able to keep your flywheel unless you want to swap it out for a smaller light weight 1

Last edited:
Back