RC Zonda Catarmaran 41"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ahu2in

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

So I recently bought a new Zonda RC boat and its been alot of fun tinkering with it. I bought 2 upgraded props which are triple bladed. Not sure of pitch. But I thought this would help it run better and have less strain on the ESC and the motors. I took it too the local lake today and it just stopped after 5 mins of running. I had to swim out to collect the boat. Which was fun the swim of shame. I got the boat back and opened the hatch and all this black smoke came out. I felt the esc and they were hot. I was running the 3 blade props instead of the standard 2 blade prop.

My question is had this caused the burn out running the 3 blade props?

Can the 2 ESC be salvaged and repaired or are they done?

I have run the 3 blades before on lake Bala last week and it was all fine. Boat was running a little more open and the lake is smaller. Probably should of realised this in hind sight.

But I am new to this and understanding the right combination for performance is rather trial and error for me and I don't want to be burning and breaking esc or motors if I can avoid it.

Is there any one willing to provide some insight and understanding from their own experiences with regards to fundamentals.

I have ordered new 150 ESC now to reinstall.

Thanks ?

Hi All,

So I recently bought a new Zonda RC boat and its been alot of fun tinkering with it. I bought 2 upgraded props which are triple bladed. Not sure of pitch. But I thought this would help it run better and have less strain on the ESC and the motors. I took it too the local lake today and it just stopped after 5 mins of running. I had to swim out to collect the boat. Which was fun the swim of shame. I got the boat back and opened the hatch and all this black smoke came out. I felt the esc and they were hot. I was running the 3 blade props instead of the standard 2 blade prop.

My question is had this caused the burn out running the 3 blade props?

Can the 2 ESC be salvaged and repaired or are they done?

I have run the 3 blades before on lake Bala last week and it was all fine. Boat was running a little more open and the lake is smaller. Probably should of realised this in hind sight.

But I am new to this and understanding the right combination for performance is rather trial and error for me and I don't want to be burning and breaking esc or motors if I can avoid it.

Is there any one willing to provide some insight and understanding from their own experiences with regards to fundamentals.

I have ordered new 150 ESC now to reinstall.

Thanks ?

Changing the prop would have done it ,the pitch & 3 blade will over heat the motor ,an are more for high performance ,
I think the 3 blade props are for lift an there is more thrust ,more strain on a motor & ESC.

Back