RC YouTube Channels you like and Trust

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netmatt

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
As I work on researching RC's, I've come across a LOT of YouTube channels, and it's hard to tell which ones are honest, versus the ones that are just getting free stuff, and making sure to push those lines.

Do you have some favorite RC channels that you recommend, and then some trustworthy RC channels? (given that some may be fun to watch for the demo's, humor and info, even if they are slanted to a specific manufacturer)

Aussie RC Playground seems to be very honest, my favourite RC Car channel

I like Kevin Talbot, he tells it like it is. I don't believe there is anybody that bashes harder then he does....
Many don't care for him, but I enjoy most of his videos. I'm not sure I'd listen to him about nitro break-in procedures... and he seems to push a lot of cheaper bangood items, but as entertainment, he's fun to watch when he bashes.

Aussie RC Playground seems to be very honest, my favourite RC Car channel
I like his too, he seems to be pretty honest about all his stuff.

I'll sometimes use youtube to see a truck I'm interested in, just watch a bunch of reviews on it if I can, but I more watch the truck and see what's under the hood vs listening to the opinions of the person showing it. I use youtube mostly as entertainment and to post my bashing videos. :)

For self-built aircraft, I like: https://www.youtube.com/user/flitetest

They have a good time and try to get people into the aircraft side of the hobby with easy to build foam-board aircraft. Another one I like is Peter Sripol. He likes to try and make odd things fly.

Here are 3 I've been watching for info, but I am new, so take it with a shaker full of salt... :)

JayTee RC: LINK
RC Driver: LINK
Razor RC: LINK

Many don't care for him, but I enjoy most of his videos. I'm not sure I'd listen to him about nitro break-in procedures... and he seems to push a lot of cheaper bangood items, but as entertainment, he's fun to watch when he bashes.

I like his too, he seems to be pretty honest about all his stuff.

I'll sometimes use youtube to see a truck I'm interested in, just watch a bunch of reviews on it if I can, but I more watch the truck and see what's under the hood vs listening to the opinions of the person showing it. I use youtube mostly as entertainment and to post my bashing videos. :)
No I wouldn't exactly follow his break in procedure for nitro :D but I do respect the fact that he lets you know if parts are available or not and definitely puts the vehicles to the tests..

Its a Grain of salt not a shacker.anyway..I live over a salt mine..lol

I was once told believe none of what you hear,
Half of what you see and unless it’s directly handed to ya, nothing’s free. I watch a lot of different things on YouTube,and pay heed to aforementioned advice, lol

If I want to see a review on a product, I see If rc driver online has a video on it. However if I want to watch a guy smash an expensive car into a brick wall or something like that, I'll watch Kevin Talbot.

Last edited:
Mine is Mark Santa Maria, Kevin Talbot, 8s steve, Claire's rc, rcsparksstudio, Rcunexttuesday, Vinny's channel and RC Driver

I was actually planing on doing a amateur channel for rc-ING ( stunts, racing, fixing ect) so far I've posted 2 videos. One of me doing drifts in the gravel driveway and one doing jumps on a makeshift ramp in the backyard. If anyone has tips or questions please let me know as I want to try and make something out of my channel.

I like Kevin Talbot and Tomley but they do push a lot of bangood specials. For the most part they seem to be honest with the reviews though and show you when things break. RC Guy Garage is entertaining.

My channel isn't as slick as theirs yet, but everything is real and honest. No sponsors, and even if there were I wouldn't hold anything back. I mostly shut up and let the video do the talking - trying to get many angles and various conditions. I am open to requests and suggestions for improvement. Not trying to make it about me and my personality like a lot of you-tubers. I tend to stay out of the shot unless it is my hands on a repair video. But sometimes that helps build trust and "like-ability" and people like to connect to a person with eye contact, so i might start doing more in front of the cam if people request it.

Old/current one: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdqyDUu0a2SD5tvA3Z73aGQ
New one working on: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnwjMk2mXj6ObIRzSy2kEtA

Thercsaylors, RCSparks 10th Scale Garage, Kevin Talbot Reach Records, and I'm working on making a channel called Rip Kingz RC.

If anyone has tips or questions please let me know as I want to try and make something out of my channel.
I would say the first thing you need to do is create a profile pic instead of just being the letter "C". Then get a head mount strap for your camera. You should also create an intro and and kinda say what you're gonna do in the video.

Back