Rc wrenchin.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
Figured I would post some rc wrenchin time.
I'm going to start documenting things that I do an why.
I have many rc's ,an sometimes they need to be wrenched on ,or I will do some kind of mod.
Any one can feel free to post any of their wrenchin time here ,pics & vids are welcomed!

Where going to start off with my first Mgt. I believe its 12 years old ,bought brand new at my local
hobby shop.
It started with a 4.6 ,wore that engine out ,an its had two 8.0 engines in it ,those popped ,one
due to a dirty fuel tank an 2 nd one due to a muffler falling off as I was running it.

Now it has an Hpi 5.9 ,which is I believe is 7 years old an still is going strong!
I love this engine ,it wont letyou down!
Heres pics of it right now ,this trucks first debut on any forum was on RC 10 .com which
shut down....Any of the old members out there ,I miss you Guys ,you where the best!

SANY0003_7.jpg

SANY0004_6.jpg

SANY0005_3.jpg

SANY0006_3.jpg

SANY0007_1.jpg

I'm horrible at "documenting" wrench time with pics. Yesterday it rained so I tore down my X and replaced some missing screws. Also tried to put bearings in my bellcrank, but didn't have the size. So I mounted the charge jack in the box like it's supposed to be. Also got my Stampede put mostly back together for my middle son, I'll get him some axles tomorrow. Set up his old Evader EXT2 for the younger girls.
Today I tore my brother's T-Maxx down to seal it up since he's on drill this weekend. He was having issues with the OWB getting oily. While I was sealing the backplate, discovered the header bolts were loose, as was the carb. Everything tightened and sealed up, waiting for his starter battery to charge so I can test it out.

I'm horrible at "documenting" wrench time with pics. Yesterday it rained so I tore down my X and replaced some missing screws. Also tried to put bearings in my bellcrank, but didn't have the size. So I mounted the charge jack in the box like it's supposed to be. Also got my Stampede put mostly back together for my middle son, I'll get him some axles tomorrow. Set up his old Evader EXT2 for the younger girls.
Today I tore my brother's T-Maxx down to seal it up since he's on drill this weekend. He was having issues with the OWB getting oily. While I was sealing the backplate, discovered the header bolts were loose, as was the carb. Everything tightened and sealed up, waiting for his starter battery to charge so I can test it out.

I know were you are coming from!
Theres a whole lot of working moving parts on an rc ,It isn't all about an engine tune ,I mean ,how hard is it to keep an engine
under 270 deg. Most of my engines are 10 years old ,they never had a specific way of break in!
My opinion to a longevity of an engine ,is to never let it ,or run it too hot ,an not a special break-in technique.
My engines has never went through that ,but yet they still run great for being 10 years old ,with multi brands of fuel & NO
after run crap.

I run a greasless trans. in Mgt. because it has the o-way bearing in it.
I've fried two 20 dollar o-ways in my trans due to grease.

I'm a gear head an learn through my own experience an not through forums ,I'm on forums because I've been on them
for about 12 years now ,they seem to be as addictive as the rc itself....LOL

I've pretty much have seen it all!
A lot of newbies come on because they have issues ,an don't give a good info on whats wrong with their rides.
I know its very hard to explain to them whats wrong ,an I'm not too good with words.
If I had their ride in front of me ,I would have their problem solved in seconds ,garranteed!

I had got busy on some other repairs around my home an didn't get to do any wrenchin on my truck.
I just planned on wire brush a cooler dowm an get a coating on it ,an do some work on my truck
today ,but had to go fix my daughters kitchen drain.Its my rental house ,so I have to do all the repairs!

Always busy ,that's why its hard to focus on my rc's.
I just wanted to pull the fuel tank an give it a good cleaning before I fired it up....:mad:

Well .inspected my fuel tank today,its pretty clean ,did notice that my enternal fuel filter came loose.
I'm not too worried about that ,I have a crap trap on it.
Do some test runs tomorrow ,I need to do some adjustments on the running gear ,may have to
change out the clutch bell ,I know that my gearing is tall an don't quite have the take off ,might
check the shoes ,could be getting worn.
Going to do a test hit tomorrow to see!

Yep... that's pretty insane!

Yea I thought so too when I first got it!...I shook my head at it an was thinking no way....Lol

I just fabbed up some tubing for mounts ,enough to stratle the steering servo.

It did look ginormous up against the 150cc tank.
I got that tank about 8 to 10 years ago when I had the 8.0's in the truck.