RC wrecks.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
Any one have at least a 40 mph wreck ,do you know what one is or looks like to an RC ,have you hit kids shins with you 50 mph car?
NOT PRETTY!

My stock Ofna Ld3 with 12 engine ,hit curb at 30 mph.

Notice the drive shaft!

My custom brushless built E-Ld3 ,slid into a parked car at 40 mph,An destroyed the ESC on inpact!

For that speed, the damage doesn't look half bad @cbaker65 .

No ,thank God I wasn't doing the speed that the car was capable of doing!...:cool:

The point that I'm trying to make here ,is you always get the questions of how fast these rc's go! ,
Well ,a ligit nitro street car can ecced up to 50 mph out of the box!

Traxxas claimed 60 out of there street car in the 90's!...:cool:

I've watched videos of guys trying to get a high top speed and cartwheeling or hitting inanimate objects at 60MPH+. Any crash at 100mph+ tends to leave the owner sees their vehicle become a cloud of shrapnel.

Some times you get lucky ,some times you don't!
I think that the worst fears are destroying that new custom body ,or destroying or scratching that nice aluminum peice
that you just installed!.......LOL

I have hit a curb with my custom built Ofna LD3 B-block ,I don't of pics of that ,however ,it hit
so hard that it litterelly yanked the engine off the chassy ,it destroyed a custom aluminum chassy
that was milled out ,an destroyed the fuel tank ,I was lucky enough to make the original chassy
to work with the Hyper 21 engine!
I put an ran the car several times after the wreck ,but the car just makes me a nervous wreck when
I try or take it out to run!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen some pretty wicked wrecks in my time in RC.... I remember one time watching a TMaxx have the whole left side sheered off after hitting a pole.

I've seen some pretty wicked wrecks in my time in RC.... I remember one time watching a TMaxx have the whole left side sheered off after hitting a pole.
A buddy of mine hit a tree with his, right after installing new "super awesome" integy MSR6 shocks on it. He was mid flight at full tilt and the tree was about a 4" diameter. It slapped perfectly on the bottom of the chassis with the chassis being parrallel to the tree. It ripped all 8 shocks into pieces, sprayed parts everywhere. I swear you could hear the tires clap as they slammed together behind the tree. Was like the t-maxx as aggressively hugging the tree at 40MPH! lol!

I lawn darted my savage so hard that it shattered the engine mount and caused the engine to pop out of the truck.

That's funny!! I remember when I used to think the Integy piggybacks were cool... I never broke mine...but they leaked all over everything!!

My first 1/8th scale buggy race ever... got a little throttle happy and nosed it right into a metal pole... folded the front of the buggy right up over the front shock tower :)

That's funny!! I remember when I used to think the Integy piggybacks were cool... I never broke mine...but they leaked all over everything!!

My first 1/8th scale buggy race ever... got a little throttle happy and nosed it right into a metal pole... folded the front of the buggy right up over the front shock tower :)

I still have some on one of my Mgt's! ,weren't really made for bashing ,just eye candy!
I bought an ran them on my basher ,but pulled them of an put the originals back on with heavier oil
an the copper heavy duty springs ,put the piggy backs on the truck that gets less bashed ,but my Wife
comidered that truck as hers an started bashing it ,even with the $ 110.00 dollar blue FT chassy!....:doh:

Hmmm, @godale03... why does that name seem familiar ... Oh, yeah! WHO the HELL was THAT?
Geaux Dale! Who dat? lol

When I first got into touring cars, I had a runaway with a two speed nitro RS4 that hit a curb head on hard enough (had just shifted into second, guessing 45-50mph) to shear the bolts for the engine mount. About $150 in damage.

Ouch!....

That reminds me of my first nitro street car ,it was that Duratrax street force ,I got it on sale for $139.00 ,
all it needed was to install my own radio system.
I had forgot to put the screw in the throttle servo horn ,on the first high speed run after break-in ,the servo
horn popped off ,an lucky I was making a turn at the same time ,but it barely bumped an stayed at the curb ,
but then the carb went at full throttle an burnt the clutch shoes up!

Back