RC precheck. before run.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
Checking stuff to make sure my stuff is working before I take it out on a field bash!..:cool::thumbs-up:
I want to take 3 RC's to the field for some bashing ,Kyosho buggy ,I already know it works
great ,so need to check that one ,my Mugen & Mgt are the ones I checked sense I havent ran
those in two months ,they checked out alright ,but my bump starter had a broke wire an my
glow igniter took a dump ,but I always carry a spare!

I got the HPI 25 running sweet ,it is liking the Turbo plug change over from a standard button plug ,
took awhile to figure out the tune ,but worth it ,it required to pretty much stay close to the factory
rich setting an not leaner with the 21 size turbo button ,it ran flawlees for 15 minutes!..:thumbs-up::cool:

Checking stuff to make sure my stuff is working before I take it out on a field bash!..:cool::thumbs-up:
I want to take 3 RC's to the field for some bashing ,Kyosho buggy ,I already know it works
great ,so need to check that one ,my Mugen & Mgt are the ones I checked sense I havent ran
those in two months ,they checked out alright ,but my bump starter had a broke wire an my
glow igniter took a dump ,but I always carry a spare!

I love Mcdanial's Ni-Starters been using them 20 years if not longer!!

I love Mcdanial's Ni-Starters been using them 20 years if not longer!!

That igniter is a twist & lock ,one time I forgot to tighten my plug on a break-in of an engine an the plug came
out with the Mcdanial igniter locked on to the plug ,I could not get the plug off the igniter an it destroyed the
plug!
So in my opinion ,the igniter is not all that ,I have several igniters that are over 10 years old an still work including
the AE metered one that I used to start that Mugen ,the Mcdanial igniter has a loose connection now because
of me trying to unlock the plug from it ,I damaged the igniter an destroyed a 10 dollar plug because of it!

Needs 2nd speed so badly... :)

That pipe was a high torque pipe ,that is why it isnt too fast ,I've changed that pipe since then ,but
I also need a 15 tooth bell to gain more speed ,I am not into speed ,but I still may go from a 13 T
to a 15 T bell on that one!

That igniter is a twist & lock ,one time I forgot to tighten my plug on a break-in of an engine an the plug came
out with the Mcdanial igniter locked on to the plug ,I could not get the plug off the igniter an it destroyed the
plug!
So in my opinion ,the igniter is not all that ,I have several igniters that are over 10 years old an still work including
the AE metered one that I used to start that Mugen ,the Mcdanial igniter has a loose connection now because
of me trying to unlock the plug from it ,I damaged the igniter an destroyed a 10 dollar plug because of it!

That pipe was a high torque pipe ,that is why it isnt too fast ,I've changed that pipe since then ,but
I also need a 15 tooth bell to gain more speed ,I am not into speed ,but I still may go from a 13 T
to a 15 T bell on that one!

In my experience, the best glow driver turned out to be the twist and lock one, hands down.
And this is after using the claw one, and the bees knees Lipo one, which is also good, but takes a few attempts to get onto the glow plug.

In the end I ended removing the old Nicd batts and installing high capacity Nimh on those twist and lock ones, they are that good.

In my experience, the best glow driver turned out to be the twist and lock one, hands down.
And this is after using the claw one, and the bees knees Lipo one, which is also good, but takes a few attempts to get onto the glow plug.

In the end I ended removing the old Nicd batts and installing high capacity Nimh on those twist and lock ones, they are that good.

I just dont like twist & lock as I dont need it ,my igniters only stay on my plugs for a few seconds!

Back