RC Gearing

• Thread starter Roanoke RC group
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hellobeveryone i have a hpi rs4 sport3 that I've modified with a Rectech X factor 25 5 turn motor its the largest that revtech makes with a pinion gear of 30 tooth 48 pitch the stock pinion was 24 tooth 48npitch 15 turn my question is which pinion should i use to make it faster? It seems slow I'm.running a lipo 2s

Hellobeveryone i have a hpi rs4 sport3 that I've modified with a Rectech X factor 25 5 turn motor its the largest that revtech makes with a pinion gear of 30 tooth 48 pitch the stock pinion was 24 tooth 48npitch 15 turn my question is which pinion should i use to make it faster? It seems slow I'm.running a lipo 2s
Try putting the 24t pinion back on. You might be overworking the motor. If not gear up a bit until the motor gets to the right running temp margin

Try putting the 24t pinion back on. You might be overworking the motor. If not gear up a bit until the motor gets to the right running temp margin
Thanks i will try that i have another question i have a slash with a modified tenshock SC401 V2 COMBO EX-4 I've been running a lipo 3s and I've damaged the ESC everything works the sterring and ESC fan my question is which ESC would be best to replace for my application my motor is 5000kv the hobby shops are over priced amazon is where i will be shopping thanks in advance

Thanks i will try that i have another question i have a slash with a modified tenshock SC401 V2 COMBO EX-4 I've been running a lipo 3s and I've damaged the ESC everything works the sterring and ESC fan my question is which ESC would be best to replace for my application my motor is 5000kv the hobby shops are over priced amazon is where i will be shopping thanks in advance

I would get a HobbyWing WP-10BL60, those are my go-to replacements for just 3S bashers. If you have a little extra chips, I would buy the HobbyWing Max10 SCT 120a ESC cause you can run 4s on it

I would get a HobbyWing WP-10BL60, those are my go-to replacements for just 3S bashers. If you have a little extra chips, I would buy the HobbyWing Max10 SCT 120a ESC cause you can run 4s on it
Hi again I'm.not a fan of hobbywing but you trust its a good product and how much does it cost? I'm.looking at the castle sidewinder 4? Its only 79 bucks on amazon I'm not sure if hobbywing or castle will link up to the tenshock 5000kv what do you think i should buy?

I noticed the led display does run high so i will lower it to 24

Hi again I'm.not a fan of hobbywing but you trust its a good product and how much does it cost? I'm.looking at the castle sidewinder 4? Its only 79 bucks on amazon I'm not sure if hobbywing or castle will link up to the tenshock 5000kv what do you think i should buy?
Well, if you've got the money for what you want, I would go with that. I've never owned a castle product so I can't direct you against it. I just pick HobbyWing cause they're cheaper

Ok yes i like the hobbywing max but i noticed to on off switch is it internal or do i buy the on off switch sepaeate? Thanks for responding

Is the on off switch internal?
I have another question i have a stock axial bomber crawler and i know they are meant to be slow will a traxxas 12t titan with the esc work in place of the stock axial motor? Do they interchange ?

I have another question i have a stock axial bomber crawler and i know they are meant to be slow will a traxxas 12t titan with the esc work in place of the stock axial motor? Do they interchange ?
The switch isn't internal on the Max 10 SCT. And for your other question, yes you can swap out a brushed motor for another brushed motor

Attachments

• 66c40639-d1dd-4fb5-8f2e-7bce1e5d8cbb.jpg
    66c40639-d1dd-4fb5-8f2e-7bce1e5d8cbb.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 85
The switch isn't internal on the Max 10 SCT. And for your other question, yes you can swap out a brushed motor for another brushed motor
Ty i did find it showing the switch and one not showing the switch thats y i was confused and i think one took longer to get

Back