RC Expo (LMAO @ Traxxas)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
All the manufacturers had a chance to show off their cars and drivers at the expo. The first off road I watched was the Losi boys with the XXX-NT RTRs. These guys kicked ass and took names. Triple flips. setting drifts around the berms taking triples smooth as silk. Great trucks and excellent drivers. They ran 3 trucks and 3 drivers. Everyone of them drove without damage or flame-out till they ran out of fuel.

Traxxas was up next. They had a stable of 12 trucks and 3 drivers. Not one of the trucks mad it through the 15 minutes.
Big air, busted parts, take a triple, flame out. In 10 minutes they went through every truck in the bull pen. They had 4 guys with wands on the track restarting the Maxxs and they were busy. A-arms Shocks bulkheads you name it they broke it.

I do know its not fair to compare the Maxx with the XXX-NT but never the less it was still a sight to see.

Last edited:
well it's not like they are :tank: s

Ha, Whaddya expect, Losi Has some Top-Notch drivers. Traxxas, I dont know....none the less, that is pretty funny. Cuz I'm ditching Traxxas for a HPI Savage or AE MGT.:banana:
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Well, from what I've seen, the T-maxx can't take much abuse stock. The bulkheads are more than fragile. And it's rather easy to break many things. lol

That's why there are so many after market parts makers, and the primary reason companies like RPM do so well. They make parts that are near impossible to break.

Exactly, but do you think Traxxas would bring RPM'd out trucks to show off? I know I would, but that's me. lol

Sky, you have any ideas on making T-Maxx bulkheads stronger? With braces or whatnot? My friend would die to know lol.

Nope...I went to Hardcore Racing's Aluminum bulkheads after shattering my rear ones during a freezing cold bash session. Haven't had any problems since.

Hmm.. Well, he doesn't want to toss 120 bucks into bulkheads, maybe I can talk him into it. He did have a set, but his father decided that a drill can remove a broke off screw... Well, that set has 3 extra holes now lol

Does RPM offer a catalogue of all of their T-MAXX hop ups?

If you go to their site and look around, you'll find what you need for the T-Maxx. I'll save you some time and give you the link to their TRAXXAS section. Enjoy

LOOK HERE

Yeah I was wondering why I had to spend so much money on my Maxx to make it decent. I bet the felt stupid following Losi's lead.

Traxxas should of called me up I would of brought my rock and showed them up. Wouldn't of broken a damn thing. Sho those mofo's what a rustler can really do.

I guess I would reply but naw.......................

ok I cannot help it your brick blows!:flamer:

Ok I take that back thats one of the best bricks I think I have seen consider my statement retracked.:bow:

I love it minus the hole in the engine. But hopefully traxxas takes care of that. Its not done yet either.

I don't like the bricks much unless I'm just bashing, I'll stick with me RC10 :) lol

I don't understand why, but the stock T-Maxx is weak, and the rustler is strong... Go figure... lol

my maxx isn't week and I'm pretty crazy.

Is it stock? HMMM!!! lol

From what I've seen then, is that better mayhem? :)

I know they can be tough as nails, but most I see are pretty much solid RPM/Aluminum lol

what the heck does this :tank: mean??

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
If you go to their site and look around, you'll find what you need for the T-Maxx. I'll save you some time and give you the link to their TRAXXAS section. Enjoy

LOOK HERE

Thanks Sky. Just after I posted I managed to find the link to RPM's website. :)

Back