RC altinator... posible?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so to make is short and sweet these are possible not practical

I personally was thinking of drilling a couple of holes in the flywheel and inserting a couple of small magnets to make a stator type system like on a motorcycle. Not to charge the battery but to run lights and stuff. I have a lot of magnets out of flip phones. They are used as magnetic switches so that the light's go out when the lid is closed. One of these day's I'll get board enough to do it.

Clintd said:
I personally was thinking of drilling a couple of holes in the flywheel and inserting a couple of small magnets to make a stator type system like on a motorcycle. Not to charge the battery but to run lights and stuff. I have a lot of magnets out of flip phones. They are used as magnetic switches so that the light's go out when the lid is closed. One of these day's I'll get board enough to do it.

I thought the same kind of thing. A couple magnets epoxied to the back of the flywheel wouldn't cause any drag on the engine and would also not include any "moving" parts.

Here is the magnets I’ll use if and when I get around to experimenting.
magnetsize.gif

Very powerful for a little thing.
magnethang.gif

those would prolly fit in the holes in a traxxas slipper lol

it wondlnt help the racer but the bashe rwould need it
if u go camoing u dont have an out let to use wat r u going to do buy seve nextra batts ar wat go solor

micro07 said:
it wondlnt help the racer but the bashe rwould need it
if u go camoing u dont have an out let to use wat r u going to do buy seve nextra batts ar wat go solor

ohh nooo.... micro`s been hittin the sauce early for a weeknight :fro:

sory ihad to rush
I'm only 16 I'm not allowed to drink yet
how do u get those kool smilys

what smilys?? ...dude are you seeing stuff now? LOL just yankin your chain

instead of writing your reply in the box at the bottom of the screen hit the add reply button at the bottom of the last post...youll see them on the right hand side

just so you know the rules state no more than three of them in a post...

i dont see any smileys on the right hand side

Click "Add Reply" It is at the bottom left of the last post.

ok................................................... i still dont see any

yaaaaaaaaa i have it
i had to switch somthing in my cp
party time :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
:shrug: do u have a screen shot progam

to do a screen shot, what you do is on you're keyboard in the upper right hand side you will see a key that say's (Print Scrn/SysRq) it's next to the scroll lock key. push that key when you are at the screen you want to copy. after you do that. open paint or anyother photo program you want, click on edit, then click on paste. and Ta Da. you got your screen shot

have you guys tried one of those zip zap motors? they weigh NOTHING. a little sheet metal strips, some kinda voltage regulator(if it even puts out enough power). the only other thing would be if the motor will burn up.

Back