Rc Airboats

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the compliments!!

My "Black Light Special" runs an OS46FX, swinging an 11-7 or 11-8. I haven't had them clocked or radared but I would say the "BLS" hits 40-45. Hopefully one day I can find out for sure. The Japanese have air prop boats over 100 mph. I'll be working on a top speed project in the future. Currently I'm building another flat bottom hull with a Magnum 108. Here's the link to the progress of the 108. http://rcairboats.net/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=21

Flat bottoms are not good top speed boats and to get them opened up you need a good calm day, they are more of a fun boat. The "blow-over" occurs mainly during deacceleration when the boat will porpoise slightly (a natural effect) when the boat hops a few times at full speed it'll catch air unless you feather off the throttle. The force of the motor puts down force on the bow...sticking it to the water. I'm going to be working on a "water-brake" soon to cure the deacceleration problem for when I get it screamin'.
I’m curious what your BLS weighs.

@Fishslayerdan please check the dates on threads before dragging them out of the basement. This one is from 2004 (that's 16 years ago) and you're looking for an answer from someone who hasn't been here in 7 years. If you keep your questions in your own airboat thread, people who have boats will respond there.
Thanks for understanding.