Rc Airboats

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadaddyro

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I scratch build Rc Airboats and have a site completely dedicated to the little demons. www.rcairboats.net

You guys have a nice forum here. I'm always looking for rc related sites!
...you should see my favorites list!

I can assist with any information pertaining to rc airboats.

Nice pics on the Air boats

Thanks 710baby!
Did you watch any of the videos?

I watched some of those vids. Those things are awsome!! How fast do you think one of those could get going?

nice site you have there dadaddyro, I liked the video's. So how fast will those boats go before they filp over??

Thanks for the compliments!!

My "Black Light Special" runs an OS46FX, swinging an 11-7 or 11-8. I haven't had them clocked or radared but I would say the "BLS" hits 40-45. Hopefully one day I can find out for sure. The Japanese have air prop boats over 100 mph. I'll be working on a top speed project in the future. Currently I'm building another flat bottom hull with a Magnum 108. Here's the link to the progress of the 108. http://rcairboats.net/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=21

Flat bottoms are not good top speed boats and to get them opened up you need a good calm day, they are more of a fun boat. The "blow-over" occurs mainly during deacceleration when the boat will porpoise slightly (a natural effect) when the boat hops a few times at full speed it'll catch air unless you feather off the throttle. The force of the motor puts down force on the bow...sticking it to the water. I'm going to be working on a "water-brake" soon to cure the deacceleration problem for when I get it screamin'.

40-45!!!!! That's how fast my dad's V-8 powered boat goes! The paont job on that 108 looks very nice. :D

The "AirForce" which is a kit boat you can get from Tower Hobbies says it runs 40 mph right out of the box. It runs the same size motor but weighs about 2 to 2.5 lbs. heavier than my boats (my BLS weighs 4.5 lbs ready to run). So to say mine are running 40-45 is a good resonable assumption. And with a different hull design I could get some more top end.

Thanks for the compliment on the 108. I should have it done by this weekend. I'll share some pics of the finished product. Maybe even a video! :) :)

Definetely get a vid up! I'm not saying 40-45 wasn't a reasonaboe assumption, I was just saying that is very fast! My Nitro on-road goes around 45 and that is insane speed for such a little machine. It must be crazy fast for a boat.

Anyway, very nice job on the the 108, and I like to see a vid of it! :D

Great site and great work on those boats. Just when I thought Id seen it all in R.C., along you come, with yet something else I need to have! hehehe

Thanks for the compliments as well!

-Chris

Hey Christian,

We share another common bond other than rc's. My real name is Christian also! :cheers:

Yes guys....I'll make be sure to share the pics and videos of the 108 when its done! :) :)

AC48,
I'm not saying 40-45 wasn't a reasonaboe assumption, I was just saying that is very fast!
Wasn't taken offensively...I wish I knew for sure, I get asked that quit often.

Last edited:
Not too many with that name around! Good name to have!

By the way, the vid with the fish strike, I'm just thinking, maybe you actually scared the hell out of the fish versus his trying to strike the boat lol

Just a thought......

I really dig the fact you can run them on land. And just to know that you can build one to go over 100 mph is yet one more reason I want one.

Great site, and really cool airboats.... Wish I had some flat water near me.. I guess they wouldn't work so well in the ocean... lol

I need to see someone make a real R/C Hovercraft. Not one of those dinky Nikko types... Somethin badass...

dadaddyro said:
Wasn't taken offensively...I wish I knew for sure, I get asked that quit often.

Cool, I'm sure you do get asked all the time, everyone who ever sees my R/Cs always ask how fast they go.

That is very cool how they can go land also. :D

Can I ask what one of them run in price? Like that Airforce one? Just curious. They look sweet

Ok guys here it is. All the paint is done.
All I have left to do is just some minor touches; like connecting the fuel lines, installing the Rx container, and servo linkages. And fixing a spot where the motor fell off the stand and did a little damage to the top of the hull. :dumb: :dumb:
...guess you could say the hull is broke-in! :)

I'll take some close-ups when it is completely done to show how the boat is set up.

Attachments

• 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 172
Great boats! Is it just easier for everyone to make puller boats? Seems like there a lot more of those then pushers. Are there any good places to get plans to make your own hull?