RBInovations super charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joebegsmaxx2.5

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I've just learned about these superchargers by rbinovations for the trx engines and wanted to know if anyone here has bolted one on. I've read they don't exactly do a whole lot because of the fact that the nitro engine is a 2-stroke and it has no ability to build boost. Lmk your thoughts. They have them marked down from 200 to 150.

There is no replacement for displacement!

Best bet, imo, is to upgrade your parts if after performance. Exhaust, air filter, and on some motors you can upgrade the carb. Off the top of my head, hpi .15fe and an os carb, and a losi 3.4 carb on a 3.3 trx mill. Another option is some porting, polishing, and fang the sleeve around the ports.

For the money on an engine and the super charger I calculate 260-280+ plus shipping and taxes. For that ammount Id rather go with a better motor, then repeat above.

The only experience I have is years ago I saw a group of guys, one of which had a supercharged hpi 4.6 on a savvy. Had a severe lean death rattle sound, and it wasn't this torque beast either.

If you go that route, Id love to hear how it goes. I just thought if they were that good, after 20 years they are not talked about much or no one else makes and sells them, it just seems odd to me.

They are a gimmick and the only thing they are good for is running your engine lean. 95% of anyone whos been in the hobby for any length of time will tell you to stay away from them.

They are a gimmick and the only thing they are good for is running your engine lean. 95% of anyone whos been in the hobby for any length of time will tell you to stay away from them.
Excellent. I'll stay away thanks

Excellent. I'll stay away thanks
There used to be a good review/test video out there on that exact supercharger but the whole channel is gone now for some reason. The long and the short of it was that the YTer couldnt add enough fuel to match the forced air induction and he pretty much burnt up his engine using it.

There used to be a good review/test video out there on that exact supercharger but the whole channel is gone now for some reason. The long and the short of it was that the YTer couldnt add enough fuel to match the forced air induction and he pretty much burnt up his engine using it.
Ahhhhh ic

Back