RB TM523 with easy start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scatmanr1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, I have a Revo 3.3 with a new tm523 that I just installed in it. I am using the easy start from traxxas with it and I am having a problem with the Blue wire staying on the glow plug. Actually it does not even stay on it. Any ideas why this is? The wires are brand new and it has the turbo glow plug. Nobody seems to have a answer.

Remove the Blue Wire and use a Glow Ignitor ;-)

I am with Moto on rid of the blue wire...but if you must use.... try crimping the end of the wire that goes on to the glow plug very slightly to make it hold on the glow plug a bit better. Shrink wrap the part of the wire that goes over the cooling head and hold it down with a ziptie. Then put on three more around the cooling head so the one does not look goofy. I put zipties on my cooling heads to protect them anyway so it worked for me until I ditched the wire all together.

That is what someone else told me, nobody seems to have the answer. Its really not a big deal but it just bugs me.

use an alligator clip on the blue wire

That is what someone else told me, nobody seems to have the answer. Its really not a big deal but it just bugs me.
Actually I kinda gave you the answer....if it is falling off you either don't have it on all the way or the springy clip that holds it on is too loose.

hey aren't the turbo plugs shaped a little different? my glow igniter would not fit when i switched to turbo plugs. just a thought, but yeah crimp the wire.

Depending on what turbo plug your using in it the blue wire might not even fit. I know mine doesn't fit i just hold the blue wire on the plug and when it fires i just let the blue wire hang there.