radioshack/raytech temp gun help grrrph!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lykan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a radio shack/raytech hand held in disguise.

It's the little oval temp gun you hold in your hand... anyways It's now stuck on celcius, i have no idea how it got switched, and no idea how to get it back to farenheit.

I have two new engines I just been putting off breaking them in because I really like to keep an eye on temps, and I don't do C to F conversioins in my head very well.

Is there a switch to change from C to F? of is there some sequence of button pushes? odd it would just flip one day and not go back..

anywas thanks for the help in advance.

heh I hate typing first thing in the morning

well do u hav ethe instructions for the gun still? I have a duratrax one and maybe their the same and i could whip out the instructions for ya.LMK

I have the Raytek, not the Radio Shack knock off, but the switch is inside the handle, in the battery compartment.
Why it changed by itself might be an indication of the battery going bad.

Ok that might make sense.. I flipped the little blue swith in the batt compartment but it didn't work. I'll take off the case and see if the switch is damaged, or maybe the battery is low..

I guess another mystery for now. I will let you know how it turns out.

I belive our guns are one and the same, just rebadged.

I think your talking about this one:RS Temp Gauge

There's a link to the instructions on that page. I didn't see anything in the instructions for malfunctions or trouble shooting...

thanks olds.. thats it.. and there's that switch too..