Radio backwards

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsterb8

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I recently got a Nitro T-maxx 2.5 from a friend. It was his for a long time and worked fine. Upon shipping it, he accidentally shipped it with the wrong remote (with a T-maxx 3.3 - same era) When we realized what happened, I got new crystals for remote and car. Good news is they communicate now...bad news is the trigger operation is reversed. (throttle is brake and brake is throttle)...how do I fix this problem? The lack of correct operation has already made me wreck the car, so now I must rebuild the chassis braces...but I would like for this not to happen a second time. Can someone help me understand why the remote operation is backwards on my throttle/brake operation?

Thanks!

There should be a servo reverse switch somewhere on the radio itself. Flip the one for throttle the other direction and you should have normal operation. Also, I would highly recommend upgrading to a modern 2.4Ghz radio setup, the old crystal systems are very prone to interference and glitching.

ok, thanks, i'll have to look. This is my first nitro and it was given to me, so i'm still learning this animal. So, I can upgrade to a new radio and receiver? Ya this is an older machine for sure.

here this will help you .please read..http://www.tjinguytech.com/charging-how-tos

you can call traxxas at 888-872-9927 and they will tell you how to reprogram the radio for the right profile.

I recently got a Nitro T-maxx 2.5 from a friend. It was his for a long time and worked fine. Upon shipping it, he accidentally shipped it with the wrong remote (with a T-maxx 3.3 - same era) When we realized what happened, I got new crystals for remote and car. Good news is they communicate now...bad news is the trigger operation is reversed. (throttle is brake and brake is throttle)...how do I fix this problem? The lack of correct operation has already made me wreck the car, so now I must rebuild the chassis braces...but I would like for this not to happen a second time. Can someone help me understand why the remote operation is backwards on my throttle/brake operation?

Thanks!
which controller did it ship with? was it the grey TQ controller? if so right above the battery tray on the steering wheel side, are three switches, switch the one that says "TH", this will reverse the channel to work correctly.
1586185132488.png

i would greatly recommend getting a better radio though as the crystal type ones get alot of interferance nowadays and really just all around arent as good as 2.4ghz, i would really recommend like a FlySky GT3C/GT3B if on a budget, or Futaba/Spektrum if you got the funds.

Back