Race Season '09

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate drivers who believe that if someone has a run on you, the best thing is to just drive them down.

The thing is Jeff... that's a product of the racing and the rules at plate tracks. Namely... Out of Bounds. At no other track except Dega do we see guys block somebody all the way down to the yellow line because at any other racetrack it would serve no purpose.. the "follower" would simply keep going until it was obvious they could pass. Because the blocking driver knows the guy behind cannot pass to the yellow line they use it to their advantage. If there was no yellow line at todays wreck both of them would have both kept going until they ran out of straightaway or Junior made it to Vickers door (which he certainly would have) in which Vickers would know he was there and stop driving him down any further. Basically I'm saying Junior would have made the pass cleanly if there was no out of bounds. I cannot see fault in Vickers beyond the fact that he was not clear of Junior. IMO he has every right to drive any driver down to the line. As in any sport, the competitors will exploit every rule to their advantage and this is the type of racing we get with an out of bounds line. It's just the way it is I suppose.

The 150 #1 was the most exciting race to watch so far this season. How pathetic is that?? The shootout was very good too but the 150 was very entertaining to watch.

Yeh..I absolutely can't stand races that get rained out. Then you do it to the race you see the best racing at the end of and there is 0 excitement..sad

Yeah, you're right.. a weeks worth a buildup for nothing. Sick. I'm sooo sick of rain cancelling qualifying it's not even funny.

they were desperate because of the coming rain, and the spotters telling them it was 3 and 4 wide behind them, they were both going for the lucky dog and vickers wanted to protect the spot.....all that said, the second contact that caused the wreck was not necessary, not gonna debate intent, because he is the only one that knows....but he had room if he had let off the gas a little

LOL Jr is a hack!

Come on Tom, show your new colors!

Yeah... I knew I couldn't hide forever..... Damn Cardinals!

Lessen you are right.... Jr is a better plate driver than what he showed us in the 500. I don't know what the hell got in to him. He ran a decent Nationwide race. Clean and had a chance at the end. It was like he was a rookie all over again. I think both Vickers and Jr were both equal contributors and both should share the blame for the "big one". I think the pressure has finally gotten to him. He is human after all. I hope this isn't a sign of the season to come.

I hate rain shortened events. It was said earlier... the last 50 laps are what make the Daytona 500 or any plate race exciting to watch. We waited all winter for racing to return and the 500... I feel like I have been cheated. To make things worse... California is next week and I hate cookie cutter tracks.

Last edited:
It sucks now that the 500 is over. Things get kinda dull until Bristol. It's kinda beat having decent short tracks interrupted by the 5 or 6 cookie cutter tracks. The only thing I hate worse is that they keep scheduling Pocono races 1 month apart. Heck, I don't even think they should run 2 at Pocono.

I like tracks like Lowe's, Darlington, and Atlanta, but tracks like Vegas and California just are boring.

The only thing I hate worse is that they keep scheduling Pocono races 1 month apart. Heck, I don't even think they should run 2 at Pocono.

I second that!

You know you're a NASCAR fan when you find yourself weaving your shopping cart side to side to warm up the wheels at the store...as I did last night.

OK, time for California. I'm expecting a top 10 minimum for Jaime this week. He definitly had the HP at Daytona so that seems in the bag and He always runs well at flat tracks.

First off jeff in the # 24 just sux....Jr on the other hand now there is a driver even though he hasnt won a championship yet, i feel that this is his year now tha he has more control over his team and his car, last year was a learning experiance for him getting used to the new team. and he should have and could have won Dayton had the rain not started and they put him a lap down cause they said he was involved in the accident. and yes that is what it was an ACCIDENT!

[cynicism]
Yay. California. 5:00 start time. And more than likely a superior performance from Jimmy Johnson....again. Forgive me if I don't jump for joy yet. I guess after the last few seasons, I have trouble getting all pumped up knowing that nothing really matters until the Chase begins.
[/cynicism]

Now, if my theory holds, Gordon has now changed to a black car with flames. That should mean that he is at least 5% faster than everyone else. I believe using blue with flames prior to this worked against him. I believe the blue he chose actually counteracted the speed-enhancing effects that flames have on a car. So going to black should actually augment the flames, thus producing an inherently faster car.

hmmm flame theory huh..... well if that was all it took think i would put flames on all my cars!!!