Race Season '09

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have taken my oldest son twice, and my little guy for the first time last year and they just love it. The Florida event was kick ass, but here in NY they run inside the Nassau Colliseum which is not as good, but still a great way to spend the day with my boys. They are coming back here at the end of Feb, I most likely will take them again this year. I have actually been going to Monster Jams since about 91.

I just have to post this one! lol
2wqcpiv.jpg

So close, yet so far... Great run for #26.

Jesus, can JG bob and swerve any more? wow!

Not a huge fan of Paul Menard!.... but thats plate racing. Lessen.... what the hell does Jamie have to do to get a win?! What a great race! I am so stoked for next Sunday. Jr had a great car... and that was only his shootout car....or I shoud say "was" his shootout car... it is now just a pile of junk now. Cars are so loose! I don't ever remember the old cars being quite that loose. It is going to be a really interesting 500. Tony Stewart looked good too. I am happy for Harvick though... he is my number 2, if Jr can't win I pull for Harvick. Man I am glad the 09 season is here!!

OH MY GAWD Tom!

Was that like the greatest short race ever or what! The cars were ALL over the place! Very entertaining race if you ask me. I dunno bro, it's seems like he just can't catch a break sometimes ya know. He had a great car all night. Even when he only had 2 tires and everybody else exept KB had 4, he was still relatively competative. I'm really excited about the Daytona 500. He knows how to win a restrictor plate race. He's done it before, but he still needs that extra bit of luck too.. that's just place racing. I was getting soo excited to see all those guys behind him racing so hard, getting bad loose and losing momentum. I thought he had it in the bag, but damn Kevin got a quick little run there and he just didn't have enough time to block him clean. Actually, he's kinda lucky the wreck happend right there behind him because it actually caught the car below him that was in the process of passing him.. he was probably looking at finishing 3rd or even 4th without the wreck. Anyways, it was an awesome race and I'm SOOOOO F'ING STOKED that Donnie Wingo is back with Jamie. I'm tellin you right now the #26 makes the chase this year no problem.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is a much better plate driver than what he just showed us. That move makes me sick. I can't wait for Jr. nation to defend that one... because I know they will. :puke:

LOL Jr is a hack!

Come on Tom, show your new colors!

i like hendricks drivers more so johnson & grodon but my wife likes jr. i`m ok with jr but that was a bad move, he is frustrated with his day. atleast kyle (bitch) bush is out and will not win.

i like hendricks drivers more so johnson & grodon but my wife likes jr. i`m ok with jr but that was a bad move, he is frustrated with his day. atleast kyle (bitch) bush is out and will not win.

ya a nother bush hater glad i'm not the only one lol...that move that Jr. pulled was BS

ya a nother bush hater glad i'm not the only one lol...that move that Jr. pulled was BS

i know hate is a strong word but i HATE kyle. i disslike alot of drivers for various reasons. i hated him when he was at hms and was so glad they let him go for jr. i`m glad stewart is out of gibbs & toyota now i can pull for him.

Ok, after hearing Jr.'s side of the story and seeing the wrech from his car's view this is what I think...

I think Jr. is generally a pretty standup guy for the most part and I don't think at all that he intended to wrech a dozen cars or so. Did he have a run on Vickers?... yep. Did he have his nose under Vickers?... yep. Did Vickers clip him trying to block?... yep. Did Jr. show any sign of cutting the guy who is leading his line any slack for 8 inches of misjudgment?.. not at all. IMO Jr. shot back up above the racetrack way faster than "trying to stay out of the grass". I think he intentionally bumped him to get Vickers back for clipping him. My opinion is this... Vickers was the lead car in that line, and it is my opinion that that fact gives him certain rights. Vickers cannot see his quarter panel and the track in from of him at the same time. Junior certainly have the ability to see where he's going and who's in front of him at once. Dale could have let it go and passed him 2 laps later but he was pissy like he always gets when he has tough days and he made a bad call.

Congratulations to Matt Kenseth. I havn't always cared for him much but he's grown on me. I think it's unfortunate that we just witnessed 75% of a Daytona 500. That's pretty crappy. Speedweeks is basically a huge buildup to the final 20 laps of the Daytona 500 and the fans got robbed of that excitement this year. That's very unfortunate.

C'mon Melbourne!!!!

Ok, after hearing Jr.'s side of the story and seeing the wrech from his car's view this is what I think...

I think Jr. is generally a pretty standup guy for the most part and I don't think at all that he intended to wrech a dozen cars or so. Did he have a run on Vickers?... yep. Did he have his nose under Vickers?... yep. Did Vickers clip him trying to block?... yep. Did Jr. show any sign of cutting the guy who is leading his line any slack for 8 inches of misjudgment?.. not at all. IMO Jr. shot back up above the racetrack way faster than "trying to stay out of the grass". I think he intentionally bumped him to get Vickers back for clipping him. My opinion is this... Vickers was the lead car in that line, and it is my opinion that that fact gives him certain rights. Vickers cannot see his quarter panel and the track in from of him at the same time. Junior certainly have the ability to see where he's going and who's in front of him at once. Dale could have let it go and passed him 2 laps later but he was pissy like he always gets when he has tough days and he made a bad call.

Congratulations to Matt Kenseth. I havn't always cared for him much but he's grown on me. I think it's unfortunate that we just witnessed 75% of a Daytona 500. That's pretty crappy. Speedweeks is basically a huge buildup to the final 20 laps of the Daytona 500 and the fans got robbed of that excitement this year. That's very unfortunate.

C'mon Melbourne!!!!

very very well said...i fliped when they called the race lol

Well, at least I had Bowyer and Truex on my fantasy team. Those good runs will help offset Jaime's suckass finish. I had Riggs too.. he thought he's finish better than what he did though.. not that anybody actually had any real time to race at the end... coughmostlamedaytona500evercough.

OK, I finally saw the footage of the crash. I put fault on both of them. First off, both were a lap down. But there was absolutely no reason for Vickers to chase Junior that far down the track. He drove him all the way down below the yellow line. I hate that. I hate drivers who believe that if someone has a run on you, the best thing is to just drive them down.
But by the same token, Junior didn't need to cut that fast back into line. So there you go. He was obviously pissed because he screwed up his pit stop. He was driving on tilt and that's what happens.
So in my view, they were both wrong.

And as far as the race in general....any race that ends 48 laps early and the winner is sitting in his car on pit lane when he's declared the winner is a major suck-a-thon. And for it to be the first race of the season, and the Daytona 500 just makes for perhaps the most lackluster start to the racing season I can possibly imagine. The 150's were more exciting. Hell, the Bud Shootout was more exciting.

Last edited: