Quick question for ya.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Undertaker

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
so, my quick question was, are the hexes on all rc car wheels standardized?

No I've seen 8 to 19 ... sure axel shafts are different diameters..

17 is popular with the young people. But 12 is Stampede, Rustler, Rustler 4x4, many others. Adapters are available, I have witnessed 12-to-17mm, in case you want to run Traxxas XO wheels on a Rustler RWD.

Thanks so much guys for all your help!

While the above info is accurate, the posters failed to say that ALL hexes ARE standardized since they all have 6 sides. Hope that helps. :hehe:

I guess if you think about it. LOL?

While the above info is accurate, the posters failed to say that ALL hexes ARE standardized since they all have 6 sides. Hope that helps. :hehe:
And all the tires are standardized also because they are round.

I just calibrated a sense dual engine sound box for a friend. His tyres are not round anymore. The left rear had some water in it and tore a hole to escape through the tread. The right rear skipped the bead. Anacondas.

Welcome to the rc talk forums, where tires are square and everything is standardized

No I've seen 8 to 19 ... sure axel shafts are different diameters..

I apologize. I was referring to 1/10 off-road race buggies. Don't know why I had tunnel vision at the time. Probably because I just finished building mine.