Questions on ofna Hyper 7 .21 motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evogst

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Whats going on everyone? I am looking at buying a Ofna hyper 7 .21 motor for 75 bucks it inludes the clutch and bell housing. I have been trying to research info and reviews on this motor and have not been able to find anything. I need some help does anyone know much about this motor?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCLD7

Is that the engine? If so it's not a bad engine, the carb is not the best. The engine will perform much better if you replace the carb with an OS carb, I believe it's the OS 20C. If it's used I dont know if I would pay $75 for it, maybe $50, and ONLY if you know the person you are buying it from well, and know it was broken in properly.

i dont know the guy real well he bought it for his hyper 7 buggy and had issues with it so he had it sent back to ofna. He just got it back and still has yet to fire it back up. I was planning on putting this on my x cellerator to give it some more power. The x cellerator came factor with the .18 on it so I figured it would be a big power increase.

would that motor work or would i be better off going with an os .18? I know os makes good quality motors I just was not sure if the hyper 7 was good and the price was good for it

While I am not familiar with the excellerator, if it came from the factory with a .18, that is a small block. The Ofna .21 is a big block, you will most likely have to do a few mods to get thebig block to mount up and work properly. OS does make some bad ass .18s though, most likely it will be much easier to go that route.