Question's about the RS4 3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroz28

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'am waiting for my rs4 and was thinking. Does the body come pre trimmed and does the tires come pre-glued ? also i wanted to paint the rims black, is this a good idea or should i dye them ? :stick:

Is it the RTR or the Type SS your getting? The SS does not come with a trimmed body nor does it come with preglued tires. The RTR does not come with preglued tires as well. The body in the RTR? I don't remember if it came painted, trimmed, or stickered. Painting the wheels black or any other color, I think the paint might chip off. But I don't know for sure. Dying them, I don't know anything about that either.

You could buy some HPI wheels that are black already.

Last edited:
Its not the ss its the rs4 rtr3 . I was thinking that the paint might chip if impact happen but i dunno either. I seen a post on here about dying looked cool o well i have some time to decide i want it now .:flaming:

Last edited:
Body=NO Painted
No Trimmed
Tires=NO glued
mounted tho...

You will have to paint and trim the body. You will also need to glue the tires on. I have found a thick ca glue works better than the thin stuff.

Also install a fuel filter right away, this will help prolong the engines life, and since they do not come with one it is a must first hop up.

You can paint the rims, but yes, they will chip. You can get a paint adhesion spray from an auto parts store that will help the paint stick better, but a new set of black rims will only cost you about $12, which is a much better way to go imo.

thanks i have a fuel filter ready for it. and a throttle return spring too. i just can't wait ne longer i want it now!:juggle:

does it come with window decals or ne window masking tape alreay cut or even window templates on paper ?

It comes with a window masking sheet. You just peel off the appropriate window mask and apply.

Sweet takes makes it a little easier..:doh:

.:[Camaro SS]:.

since i have a Z28 1:1 1994 i wanna make it look like my car !
i know its the next generation but they look similar. look in my GALLERY for a pic of my car .:transform

o ya i forgot those mesh rims hpi sell look like mine too. the chromed ones . ill put more pics up of my rs4 3 when its painted and a pic with it next to the real think . ill have same paint shecme. do they make teal with melltalic flake ?

Last edited:
Back