question reguarding built bec.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have the LRP super reverse esc in my TC4 seen here.

http://67.199.85.166/main/productdetails.php?text=lrp8320&category=6005pxxxxx

It states in the specs that is has a built in 5v bec, but that it also will not do lipo. I'm confused, i thought the only reason you needed a BEC was for lipo..

I'm getting some lipo's in a trade, and i would like to try using them in this car, but i dont want a meltdown.

any ideas?

i'll use a crawler for example....on all of mine i run sidewinders or mamba max's, the high torque servo's i run need 6v to put out their most torque, for example my hobbico cs170 is 333oz of torque at 6v, but with out a bec it would only get alittle over 5v of power wich isnt enuff and with the bec, atleast the external bec that is programmable, i have it at 6v wich gives the servo enuff power. so basically with yours having a 5v bec, thats basically kinda setting aside in a way, 5v of power. so you dont need a bec just for lipo's, its used for any batteries you run..

A BEC is a battery eliminator circut so you don't have to run a extra receiver pack like you would in a nitro vehicle, if you want to run a LiPo battery with that ESC you will need to get a lipo battery low voltage cut off so you don't over discharge your lipo battery, some thing like this will work http://www.teamnovak.com/products/lipo_cutoff_module/index.html

ok i understand now, guess i had BEC confused with the voltage cutoff circuit.

thanks!!

how much does the cutoff usually run?

will depend on wich one, i think you can pickup cutoffs on the bay for real cheap...but really a nicer one is the best way cuz once a lipo goes past its cutoff it usually wont come back and will be ready for the garbage can.

will depend on wich one, i think you can pickup cutoffs on the bay for real cheap...but really a nicer one is the best way cuz once a lipo goes past its cutoff it usually wont come back and will be ready for the garbage can.

Don't you mean properly disposed of, LOL!!!:hehe: But yeah get yiy self a decent one like the novak one I linked you to or some thing similar in quality....