Question on old etc cars

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spainns

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

i recently acquired a few RC cars from my father in law. They are kits that he built but never put electronics\motors in. There is a losi xxx nt nitro and a team associated RC10B3. My local hobby shop said these are old models and people would probably buy them for parts or even want them as a collectible as i have the boxes and all manuals they came with. My question to the forum is should i just drive them with my kids or sell them and buy a new RTR kit? I’m just not sure if there reliability being as old as they are.

thanks for your help.

Welcome in @Spainns , personally I would keep them and try to get them running. Keep an eye out on ebay and maybe you can find some parts for them.
Other guys may say sell them but I love to tinker so that would be my choice.

I have actually been trying to find another RC10 B3 because mine got stolen about 7 years ago, so I am biased. Sell it lol. But send me the link first 😉

I don't have the money though, so wait lol.

But seriously, if it were me, I would keep them. The B3 is a great RC. One of the best buggies back when it was released. As far as fixing it up and driving it? I would probably put all the electronics in it and put it on a shelf. You won't be able to find parts if you break something I am guessing.

Can you share some pics?

And WELCOME!

Hi all,

i recently acquired a few RC cars from my father in law. They are kits that he built but never put electronics\motors in. There is a losi xxx nt nitro and a team associated RC10B3. My local hobby shop said these are old models and people would probably buy them for parts or even want them as a collectible as i have the boxes and all manuals they came with. My question to the forum is should i just drive them with my kids or sell them and buy a new RTR kit? I’m just not sure if there reliability being as old as they are.

thanks for your help.
Unless you're going to fix em up and keep em on a shelf as collectables I would sell them and buy newer kits for a couple of reasons. First and foremost if you break them while you're playing with them (and you will at some point) you may not be able to find the parts to fix it. Second reason is being new to RCs its generally better to start with a new RC so you know everything is working properly out of the box and you dont inherit someone elses issues with a used kit or issues that may have cropped up over time from just sitting. Just my .02

I would sell them. Parts are hard to come by for older kits. I have a few older cars (Associated) that I was thinking about putting back in running condition but after I researched some parts I needed I didn't feel it was worth it. If you are new to the hobby I would stay with getting something new and popular. One of those cars listed was a nitro. Nitro cars can be very frustrating. I have raced them. They are also very cool. The smell and the music of a good running nitro engine has a certain allure and satisfaction. They are not for everyone. Personally I wouldn't recommend one unless you had some experience in RC cars.