Question on nitro big red 28

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou069

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi i gotta question about the nitro engine dynamite big red .28 , so this engine i find just great , but I've been threw 2 pull start already the plastic that the pins hold on to for spinning they always wear off n break .. Is there a sokution for this ?? Or else an aluminm upgrade that i just didnt find while looking ?? Thanks

Wish I could help. A few years ago, a buddy of mine was trying to sell a coworkers savage that was upgraded to the 9's with a losi engine with the spin-start/pull start in it. It had a bag of 4 or 5 broken starters with it...

Do you use the roto or just the pull? I'd have to guess that some other housing/owb could be used as many current engines are very similar. Got any photo's and measurements for the OWB shaft diameter/depth it goes into the housing of the starter and backplate screws?

Wish I could help. A few years ago, a buddy of mine was trying to sell a coworkers savage that was upgraded to the 9's with a Losi engine with the spin-start/pull start in it. It had a bag of 4 or 5 broken starters with it...

Do you use the roto or just the pull? I'd have to guess that some other housing/owb could be used as many current engines are very similar. Got any photo's and measurements for the OWB shaft diameter/depth it goes into the housing of the starter and backplate screws?
Sry no dimensions or picture , threw the box away along time ago and only pull start the roto starter i have wont work on it like the screws fit but the inside is to tight to turn

Sry no dimensions or picture , threw the box away along time ago and only pull start the roto starter i have wont work on it like the screws fit but the inside is to tight to turn
Could you take a picture of the pull start? Which screws do you mean? The ones that hold the pull start on or the ones that holds the cover on for the reel.

From what I found online, the LRP28/30 uses the same sized starter shaft hex and screw position as the big red. The only difference is that the bigred starter shaft has a thinner hex on it. So, perhaps you could find a soft spring to keep the shaft pushed in or, fill the hex with hot glue and put it on while it's still hot so that it takes up the space of the dynamite starter hex but keeps it from working it's way out of the engine 2-3mm when running.

LRP Starter housing/parts: http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars...2-spec-2-pull-start-assembly-lrp38556/p291898

It does come with a spring, so I suppose you could try and use it as it is and see how it goes. For me though, I'd want to put something in there to take up the extra space, or at least some of it. Also, you clearly won't have as much of the plastic "nut" on the starter spool holding the starter shaft. I would expect it would hold up for a while at least.

Images I found showing the engines/backplates side by side for the big red and lrp 30:
2016-0215-DynamiteMach2-LRP30-Backplate.jpg

And the starter shaft to show the difference:
2016-0215-DynamiteMach2-LRP30-StarterShaft.jpg