Question about LED headlights

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikeTop

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Some may know that I purchased this toy truck. I want to add some headlights to it. It already has two flashing red and blue lights on top of the air filters, (Real stupid, IMO), and was wondering if their circuit could be used for white lights? Can I 'cut and paste' (Solder) the leads to the board? Does the board have the flashing circuitry on it or is it the lights themselves?
AND, I need two really small LED lights. Anyone got a link to small LED headlights?

Thanks a million for all the help everybody.

Red and blue flashing lights on the air cleaners? Obviously it's a police pursuit truck.
I get LED lights for every project I build through ebay. LOTS of choices in the same place. You can get flashing LEDs, but when you are using the "Toy grade" circuit you have in that truck, the flashing might be the only option. You can get a separate battery and light controller and hide it somewhere in the truck and you'll have many options to power lights and control what they do.

full

Last edited:
I think you figured it out until now, but that's a really fun project. I also do a lot of stuff like this with my boy and it's even entertaining for me. I'm actually thinking about getting onto a bigger project just for me, cause it seems the quarantine is not going to end anytime soon, so why not give my imagination a try. I want to get a couple of Vont flashlights and make a bar for my Jeep. It's a car that I only use on-farm and I don't have any other illumination so I could use a very bright bar of flashlights. I use those ones when I go camping and they have such a bright light coming out, that's what gave me the idea.

Last edited:
Back