Question about four wheel steering

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Dan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guy's was wondering if anybody knew how to hook up four wheel steering out there? I recently got a crawler and have everything set up for four wheel steering, But when I hook it all up the tires steer in the same direction. How do you get them to steer in the opposite direction? I tried reversing the servo connector but that didn't work. This is the first time that I have done four wheel steering on an rc so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

Thanks guy's. Looks like I will have to pick one of those up today then. Need to get my crawler going.

Just a question with a servo reverser, u will have 4 wheel steer all the timeright? I found a trexxas radio that had a 4 wheel steer switch in the actual radio is that switch there to turn the 4 wheel steer on and off as u please? i am building a crawler out of a Axial scorpian, and i am a little confused on this part of the build.

i am prolly wrong on this cuz ijust run dig and havent ever mesed with 4 wheel steering but if the radio is a modded tq3 with a 3rd position switch u can prolly put the rear servo on the 3rd channel on the receiver, get a strecher for end points and use the 3rd pos switch to flip it left then straight then right.....but i might b wrong...

Just a question with a servo reverser, u will have 4 wheel steer all the timeright? I found a trexxas radio that had a 4 wheel steer switch in the actual radio is that switch there to turn the 4 wheel steer on and off as u please? i am building a crawler out of a Axial scorpian, and i am a little confused on this part of the build.

I don't know if you plan on running in comps or not, but if you do you can not have 4WS, if you don't then your good and what Slow said sounds about right, the only thing is if you hook it up that way it will only give you full steering to the left or right, or straight.

When I first built my 2.2 crawler I had the 4WS hooked up. With my radio (JR XS3) I could change from the radio to switch the steering over from crab crawl to opposed by doing servo reversing on the radio. It was still more trouble than it was worth IMO though, and I ended up locking out the rear steer.

Thank u

Thank you all, i didn't know that u could not have four wheel steer in comp though thanks for the heads up.

i am prolly wrong on this cuz i just run dig and havent ever mesed with 4 wheel steering but if the radio is a modded tq3 with a 3rd position switch u can prolly put the rear servo on the 3rd channel on the receiver, get a strecher for end points and use the 3rd pos switch to flip it left then straight then right.....but i might b wrong...

No sir you are 100 % correct.