Question about E-maxx 3905

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonjarash

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hello,
I just pick up a used Traxxas E-maxx 3905, but there seems to be something wrong with it. For some reason, it glitches, it seems like its possessed or something:( it just goes on its own and when I get close to it with the transmitter in my hand it gets worst. Sometimes I'm able to control it but only for a few seconds. The antenna only extends about 2 1\2 feet because the top part is broken. I don't think that is the cause though but pls. correct me if I'm wrong. Its like something is grounded. I'm thinking its the EVX-2 speed control but how can I be sure? Crossing my fingers..:(

Please help me fix it.
Thank you.

Does the stirring glitch as well as the forward and reverse? If not, it's possible it is the ESC. If the stirring does it too then it's possibly a bad receiver or transmitter or your batteries are still under powered.

I just tried to run it again with the battery fully charge. Its doing the same thing, another thing I notice is that if I tap the antenna of the truck with the antenna on the transmitter it really goes nuts, it does the forward\reverse and steering glitches. If I'm standing let say 3 feet from it, it just do the forward\reverse then stop and so on. So according to your response its the ESC?!!:( Anybody have an extra I can borrow just to confirm.:)

Thanks for responding so quick.

Have you checked you steering and throttle trim? Check all the reciever box connections, plugs for the esc and servos, see if the recivers anttena has alot of scratches in it. I've heard that extremely scratched up anntennas can cause problems if you dont use the anntenna tube. You may need to solder that part back on to your transmiter anntenna. Mine did that when someone steped on it and it snapped a large porsion off. I soldered it back on and it worked perfectly.

it's also possible that your receiver is bad. If the wires from esc to receiver are properly fitted then most likely it could be the receiver.

Thanks for responding guys, it turn out to be the crystals.
You know I'm already bored with it though using Venom 3000 mah batteries.
Thinking about getting 8.4 volts 5000 mah 7cell or 6 cell for it or should I just get a brushless system like the EZRun I'm reading a lot... the thing is I would have to buy batteries and charger for the brushless system as well.
This looks like a lot of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that looks awesome. I have the same model but not the BL system yet. How much was the EZrun and what was the Kv?

Back