pullstart problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathancorey

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi I'm new to the nitro rcs I got an hpi mt2 off a friend that needed a new pullstart so when I got one fitted its tuff to pulll but if I take the glow plug out its fine what is causing this to happen
Thanks corey

Is the motor new or recently rebuilt? It sounds like the motor is tight,or in other words ,it has good pinch. With the glow plug out, you lose compression due to the air being pushed through the glow plug hole. Is it easy to pull at first then it gets tight? If so ,it can just be your piston reaching tdc ( top dead center). If this is the case ,being hard to pull is a good thing. If this not the case you can have a variety of problems. If its hard to pull but starts and runs good ,its most likely just a motor with good pinch. If it doesn't start and its hard to pull ,you may want to rip the motor down piece by piece until you see what is causing it to be so hard to pull.

I rebuilt the motor tried it ran for about 2mins then cut off so I stipped the motor down to the bearing relubed it found a slight scratch on the piston sanded it down it ran agein but cut off so though I would ask some advice

well theres your problem if you took sandpaper to your piston it might be out of round,NEVER TAKE SANDPAPER TO YOUR PISTON OR SLEAVE.lol

WOrked on my fazer so don't understand

Just replaced my piston and still havin samr problem and it won't start

Make sure you get your carb back to factory settings. Check that your idle is set between 1-2 mm. Heat the engine to about 200 F. Make sure you are primed and engine is getting fuel. Out should rip no problem.

Still no luck getting it started just no getting enough kick off pull cause it feels so ruff

Loosen the glow plug slightly to bleed of some compression when you're trying to start it. That will make it easier to pull and allow it to spin faster. Tighten it back down once it's running.

Take your glow plug out, hook it up and make sure you're getting a really bright glow on the filament. VERY bright orange or yellow. If not, charge the battery completely.

tryed everything you guys have said just to much compretion on the engine how do i free it up cause I'm worried I'm going to snap my cord or spring

tryed everything you guys have said just to much compretion on the engine how do i free it up cause I'm worried I'm going to snap my cord or spring

You must not have listened to Rolex, loosen the glow plug until you can feel a slight loss of compression. That will make it easier to turn over, once it starts, tighten the glow plug.

hi i have sorted this problem now but it will not start for the life of me i have heated the engine with a hair dryer and still no luck i have tuned it to factory settings but still no luck any ideas