props and more props...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good morning to all-
Among the many things I an learning about flying my microwarbird rc planes is just how drastically different props can affect flight characteristics. I have found that each different rc plane reacts differently to prop changes. Some planes work best with big, ugly double blade props. Some handle three blade props very well, and some do well with four blade props.
This morning I am about to test my new FW 190 with a four blade prop. it didn't like a three blade yesterday. We'll see.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Be careful not to overheat your electronics, more prop equals more resistance. As you say, it makes a big difference in performance.

Good afternoon to all-
Well, based on this morning's test, the new FW-190 is a two-blader. the four blade prop worked, but the plane did not fly as well and not nearly as fast as it does with the two-blade prop.

learn something new each day-

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Be careful not to overheat your electronics, more prop equals more resistance. As you say, it makes a big difference in performance.
Gotta give him props for trying. 🤣 Kinda wish I had an area to fly around.

I got the bug again, I just bought some Styrofoam for a build.