Proline 67 Mustang Blue color formula?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa crawler

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I am going to get the Proline 1967 mustang body and want to paint it exactly like the photo. I can mess up the chrome bumpers and window trim with a chrome pen. And probably make a total mess of the stripes with masking tape. But I want to get the color perfect.

So using Tamiya paint
The PS38 is translucent blue
The PS16 is metallic blue.

I will probably get a bunch of paint to test it. But what backing color ? Blue, white, black, silver?

I want to go for that rich blue lacquer paint finish.

Attachments

• BDDE3BAA-3217-4125-AC83-CBB98F19C250.jpeg
    BDDE3BAA-3217-4125-AC83-CBB98F19C250.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 114
I am going to get the Proline 1967 mustang body and want to paint it exactly like the photo. I can mess up the chrome bumpers and window trim with a chrome pen. And probably make a total mess of the stripes with masking tape. But I want to get the color perfect.

So using Tamiya paint

I will probably get a bunch of paint to test it. But what backing color ? Blue, white, black, silver?

Id start by looking at proline colors unless you dont want to air brush.

https://www.prolineracing.com/search?q="PRO357300OptionalParts"&relationType=OptionalParts&parentProduct=PRO357300

Keep in mind they may have used more thsn one paint.

Other than that contact them or some of the painters they use.

Last edited:
Well I did not even think about proline paints.

I don’t see them available in an aerosol can but I been putting off getting a small spray gun. Thanks for that tip.

So using Tamiya paint

That definitely looks like it has a silver backer. If I had to guess, it is neither of those. The PS16 is close, but is more blue. The paint used on the Pro-Line body looks to have a bit more green in it. Maybe you could try backing with a translucent green, then silver. I looked at all the Pro-Line blues. I don't think it is any of those either, but it could be a combination of one of the blues with a different backer.

Well I did not even think about proline paints.

I don’t see them available in an aerosol can but I been putting off getting a small spray gun. Thanks for that tip.
Do it!! Buy some blues and greens and mix diffet drops on a paper plate. This will also give you practice paint.

Watching that vid, it might be the Pro-Line pearl blue backed by like a hunter green or something.

Back