Project Uncontrollable Missile - RJ Speed Nitro Funny Car build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the slightly late reply, but any progress updates? And how is it to drive? The last question is would you recommend getting one- as it looks serious fun.

Sorry for the slightly late reply, but any progress updates? And how is it to drive? The last question is would you recommend getting one- as it looks serious fun.

I have it for the most part finished, broken in, and have done a few more chassis tweaks, replacing the stock front wheels with some much nicer aluminum, captured tire ones. I installed the lights, and have gotten it tuned a bit better, gradually working on that aspect.

To drive it, is how shall I put it, "delicate". Even with tire prep, it's very easy to get it sideways. I have yet to get a full, timed pass on it, due to weather and finding a suitable location that is smooth enough - though I did finally find a spot, so just waiting on a warmer day. They are definitely as fast as advertised, I'll say that, but I suspect I'm going to "graduate" to a more expensive radio that I can program some things a little better.

I would certainly recommend the kit, but be prepared that this kit is pretty raw and basic, and you may need to tweak some things, and do some slight mods to make it work.

As of yet, nope. Haven't had good enough weather to test, been pretty cold. I do have some sticky goo to put on them though.
Try drag race concepts kenetic or TMRC drag foam. These should help you with your traction issues. Use a 1.5 × 2.75 tire.Also make sure if you are using the set screw plastic hubs to notch a flat spot on each side of the rear axle that the set screws tighten down on to.

Thanks, I'll be ordering some new wheels/tires soon, so I'll try them out. I ditched the screw plastic hubs for the aluminum ones that clamp some time back. The ones with the set screw definitely spin without a notch on the axle. So far the clamp ones have held.

Pretty cool build

I love the title of your project, has he released a running video for it, or are we still waiting? I really want to see this running!!!

I am just starting to build mine. Can you recommend an engine that will fit this car? It seems that there are very few out there that are built and information is quite scarce. What kind of front tires did you upgrade to?

I am just starting to build mine. Can you recommend an engine that will fit this car? It seems that there are very few out there that are built and information is quite scarce. What kind of front tires did you upgrade to?

I would go with a .12 engine on these cars. You can put any smallblock on there, but anything larger than .12 has too much torque, IMO. These cars weigh 2lbs or so. You want something that can rev high, so north of 35k rpm would be the best bet.

The front wheels/tires are Dragrace Concepts - https://www.amainhobbies.com/dragra...a-lock-front-wheels-black-2-drc-2001/p1367070

I would go with a .12 engine on these cars. You can put any smallblock on there, but anything larger than .12 has too much torque, IMO. These cars weigh 2lbs or so. You want something that can rev high, so north of 35k rpm would be the best bet.

The front wheels/tires are Dragrace Concepts - https://www.amainhobbies.com/dragra...a-lock-front-wheels-black-2-drc-2001/p1367070
Johnny what clutch did you use with that 0S 12 for the funny car? No one seems to know nothing about .12 nitros?

Johnny hate to bother you but can you guide me on the clutch setup you are running with the OS 12? Having great difficulties here… thanks buddy

Johnny I got the hot racing 3 shoe clutch on the shaft now just one more question I promise what clutch bell did you use nothing seems to fit on my end?

Johnny I got the hot racing 3 shoe clutch on the shaft now just one more question I promise what clutch bell did you use nothing seems to fit on my end?

Any traxxas clutch bell should work. I think I'm using either an 18t or 20t on mine.

Back