Project Truggy Chaser

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The brakes aren't completely dialed in yet. I've got brake bias set more towards the rear so I can steer when slowing down. The setup on the mammoth is one rear disk and two front disks, that single rear disk is working hard to get her stopped. With the XLB tank providing 20+ minute runs, it does start to fade at about the half tank mark. I'm going to try adding a smidge more front brake to help with brake fade.

Handling on the street is decent, it's low cg keeps the wheels planted. With the stock tires it's about as good as I would expect. I'm sure that using some road rages or similar road tire would help make it handle more crisply, but I'm only using the pavement for break-in and pipe testing. I'm looking forward to getting this thing dirty in the dirt.

Dadders braces came today woohoo! If I can get them installed by tonight I will run the mammoth here tomorrow. (Pic stolen from Delta RC forum). Should be oodles of fun.

90b32bff.jpg

sound like it came out good. you must be loving 20 min runtime.

The run times I can definitely live with. Just a slight hiccup with one of the dadders braces. The front brace looks like it will work fine. Unfortunately I received a defective rear brace. The section that screws into the center diff plate is missing and the rear diff bolt hole is offset by approximately .020 inches. Which means the brace will not sit flush with the chassis. My chassis is not tweaked, I checked by removing the rear diff bolt and just letting the brace sit on the chassis and it is flush.

I hope dadders will come through and get me a replacement. This also means no track day tomorrow.

c459a660.jpg

3dadd2c2.jpg

f8df9640.jpg

oh, i was lookin forward to the vid that would be sent in of it.

i dont want to take over the thread but dom do you know if this pipe i got from you is good or not cuz i have a jp-1 pipe i use on my buggy and i was wondering if this pipe might be good for something else with a big block and info on this pipe will help xtm black racing pipe

Hey John,

There is always an upgrade over stock pipes. It's all about what you want from the engine. Bottom end? Top end? I haven't run the 24.7 personally but right now I run the Collari .30 JP1 combo and it rips. Great bottom end and midrange, which is what I am looking for with this Mammoth ST. What vehicle are you putting the 24.7 into?

Hey Dom you got the braces on right?

The front dadders brace is installed. The front half of the chassis is now very stiff, absolutely no flex. The rear brace however has to be sent back to dadders to be inspected and hopefully exchanged for a correct one. According to dadders, the new design does not connect to the center diff plate because he was getting results of that plate cracking. But the rear diff bolt hole offset by .020 inches should be corrected.

I shimmed the front steering arms with 8x6 kyosho shims. I had to use .5mm worth of shims on the left arm, and a .2mm shim underneath the factory .1mm shim on the right. Only thing left to shim is the axles behind the hubs.

I also tightened the ackerman screws, they were about one turn too loose from the factory. The steering slop is almost completely gone.

If I have some time this week, while the truck is apart I will fill the front and rear diffs with silicone oil. I am going to run 7K in the front and 3K in the rear for a baseline.

Don't guess anything hooks to the center plate after the Dadders brace is installed?

Damn, I was looking forward to seeing it on the track.
What will it be, about 2 weeks?

hey dom i have plans on running the 24/7 in my 8th scale buggy and i have the jp1 pipe on it now but i have alot of low end with other motors and i have a 15 tooth clutch bell and i think i might go to a jp2 pipe and see how that works trying to get rid of some low end i think i will sell it to my buddy and see if he likes it or not thanx dom gret dealing with you

Hey Sweetdiesel, have ya ran it anymore?

I haven't run it at all this week since I'm on vacation in Southern California. When I get back on Monday, dadder's should have my revised brace ready and I'll try to hit the track on Sunday.

Yeah...He's enjoying it, if ya watch closley..every now and then he pops in with a thread or two. Just can't get away from us....Huh SD!! BTW I'll watch your back and not let your wife know. lol Have a great vacation SD, you, the wife and the little one deserve it

How about an update bro?
Get your Dadders brace?
Kicked any ass on the track yet?

I have a problem with dadder's getting me a replacement brace made. I've really been itchin to run her, so I'll probably get her back together tomorrow night with the stock rear brace and hit the track on Sunday. It's practice day so it'll be easy to take some video of my horiffic driving.

Damn bro, sux you haven't got the brace.

I like XTM, but there just isn't much out there for them. Hope they get their head out of their butt on the ST. The pro has been coming out for about 8 months though...
I ran mine a few weeks ago. Not got much time for rc. Hope I can get it tuned in a couple of weeks. Had this car for almost a year.
Man that bites...

Good luck on the track. Hope you get to run the poop out of it.
Looking forward to some updates. :cheers:

Back